Can This Be May?

I'm not entirely sold...

I'm a little bit worried, but not unduly so, about Ray. I know that hip surgery is a very common procedure. I know that the hospital he is going to is one of the best around. I know they will make every effort.

Any way you slice it, one of my best friends, and my father, is going in for major surgery.

Harry is my father and I love him dearly. But Ray has been in my life for all of it, not just a part of my childhood and the last two years of my adult life. The relationship is different. It's deeper and we spend time together every weekend. We go out to eat together and we run our errands together. He is the only person who has ever gotten me to watch a televised sporting event. I hugged him today impulsively. I'll hug him again when I take him to Hackensack Hospital where I will be waiting for him get out of recovery and into his room. He can be a little flaky when he comes out of anethesia, so it may be weird; been there and done that. I must have posted about this in November 2006 when he had the emergency knee surgery.

Well. I still have tomorrow to spend with Ray. And I'll see him around 0500 on Monday until 0730 or so when he goes into surgery. As usual, I'll ask to see the surgery and they'll say no, but then I will ask them to take pictures and they probably will. Life... is good. Someday I will get some doctor to let me see a procedure happen! I keep asking - someone's gotta say yes!

The life of the EMT - so close but so far away!

I told Ray that after he gets the other hip done, this is it. No more medical... anything! No more.

Guess we will see.

And by the way, what is up with this perfectly abysmal weather? The springtime gods loved us last week and hate us this one. There were a few golden moments of sunshine, but mostly it has been rainy and overcast and blimey, it's been cold. How is this May? March I might buy, but this can't be May.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...