Ebay & Smokers

I'm not stupid but I wondered about the line on some ebay sellers items that read smoke-free home or smoke-free environment. Now I know.

I buy a lot of candles from one specific buyer. She's a wonderful seller, a great communicator and a very careful shipper - everything comes wrapped up and safely shipped without so much as a scratch. She's great. The funny thing is that the first several purchases were all perfect and then the last two or three came reeking of smoke. It was disgusting.

Fortunately it was the packing peanuts that reeked and not the glass (although glass would not be porous enough to hold the smell) but it was overwhelming when I opened the box. And this woman is so nice that part of me wants to write to her via e-mail or ebay that smoking kills and she's too nice to die. However, smokers never seem to appreciate people telling them that, no more than I appreciate hearing that I spend my money stupidly. (However, I know that already.)

A few of my Smurf purchases also showed up reeking of smoke, but my number one seller of Smurfs appears not to smoke, either. Good thing. I can't believe how awful that is. I always knew that cigarette smoke permeates many things, but I'm surprised at just how many things it really does soak into.

I suppose if I wrote smoke-free I'd be lying, but if I cigarette/cigar smoke free, I wouldn't be - I burn candles almost every day, so saying it is smoke free would be less than accurate. But no one would get anything from me that smelled that bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...