Saturday Six #367

Hope you’re having a great Easter weekend! I definitely am, but I’ll go into more details on that in a later post.

Here’s another set of six questions…so get those thinking caps on! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for playing.

  • Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and to keep the conversation going!

Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!

1. Do you still have your tonsils? If not, how old were you when it was removed?

I have my tonsils, I hate to admit it... they scare me but nowadays, doctors are reluctant to take them out. In fact, I don't think they come out anymore unless it is really life-threatening.

2. Do you still have your appendix? If not, how old were you when it was removed?

I have that, too. If you think having tonsils makes me nervous, you should think about what EMTs think about having their appendix left - knowing what it is like when others have to go into surgery to remove it before it blows!

3. Do you still have your wisdom teeth? If not, how old were you when they were removed?

Those came in at age 17 and were out at age 19. They all grew in normally but abysmal tooth care and a love of candy ensured that they all came out early.

4. What’s the worst injury you remember receiving, and how old were you when it happened?

That is a long story. The short of it was I was 33 years old, ran out of gas and while waiting with an officer for fuel to show up, I was struck by a 1988 Nissan Pathfinder... while I was on foot. I had bruises and road rash all over and the worst part was I was still dressed as a wench coming home from the faire...!

5. Have you ever had to have surgery for any reason? Was the recovery worse than you expected, better or just as you expected?

I had athroscopic knee surgery on my right knee in 1996. It was fine. I recovered incredibly fast, having been laid up for 10 weeks prior to surgery. The doc woke me in the middle of the surgery to see it happening, just as I'd asked. Pretty cool!

6. If technology progressed to the point that you could literally change any one thing about yourself and money weren’t an object, what change would you make?

Where would I start? I used to have a whole wish list... blue or green eyes instead of brown; a long neck; perfect teeth; look like Michelle Pfeiffer... now my wish list is simple: healthy. I would give up the muscular dystrophy and be happy with my brown eyes, non-existent neck, icky teeth and my own face. Amazing how that changes, isn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...