An Afternoon of Pain

I love my dentist. He's bright, he's funny, he's very good at what he does.

This is my fourth crown and I can't say that the crown experience is all that and a bag of chips. But he does a stellar job and he doesn't do a shaddy job at all. But I was unprepaired for the amount of pain that this afternoon brought.

He has numbed my mouth for all of my crowns. When I went in today, he was ready to dig in and I shut my mouth. Where's the novacaine?! He seemed shocked that I'd want it, and told me this would be better if I could feel the bite. There were a lot of adjustments to make and every time he popped the temporary cap off and on and off, the pain was something. It was unbelievably sensitive when it came off and then zinged like crazy when it went on. And then finally all the adjusting was done. He put in the adhesive and popped the new crown on and YOW!

Fucking YOW! It was unreal.

Tears in my eyes. Sensitive or discomfort does not come close. It was agonising. I finally took two aspirin and then ate. I suspect tomorrow I will need aspirin again. After the appointment I was still in pain and irritable to boot. I took the aspirin and once the pain abated, I felt drained. I still do. It is amazing how stressful pain can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...