July is Off to a Good Start

Of course, July is only two days old. So that may not be saying much. But it really is. Even if the rest of the month is mediocre or long or stupid or whatever, it's still good to have the first two days be pleasant. I want to try to post something every day or close to it. Communication is very important.

The first thing I need to do is write to Molly. I miss her like crazy and I haven't written anything to her in a while. Not good. Not worth it. I sometimes let life get in the way of normal... well.. living. In this case, I really have to step back from all the things that are getting in the way of normal life, and make this up to her. I miss her. A lot. More than I'd realised.

Few people in my life have made the difference that Molly has. And she's put up with me writing endlessly about emergency calls, situations at work... all the weird and wacky shit that so often comprises my day-to-day living.


I love the EMT thing and will be doing a lot of it this month: JULY

Wed, 4 July Fourth of July fireworks standby 1800 - 2200 duty rig

Thur, 5 July Normal night, full shift 1800 - 0600 duty rig

Sat, 7 July Full shift, Sunday crew, Saturday rotation 1800 - 0600 duty rig

Sun, 8 July Normal shift 1800 - 2200 duty rig

Thur, 12 July Normal shift 1800 - 0000 duty rig

Fri, 13 July CPR Training - Shanwee Tsach, squadhouse 1900 - 2100

Sun, 15 July Normal shift, 1800 - 2200 duty rig

Thur, 19 July Normal Shift, Summer Concert Series 1800 - 0000 duty rig

Sun, 22 July DAY SHIFT - primary crew 0600 - 1800 duty rig

Wed, 25 July Night shift w/Danny 1800 - 2200 duty rig



And: AUGUST

Thur, 2 August Normal shift: Summer Concert Series 1800 - 0000 duty rig

Sat, 4 August Normal Thursday nite rotation 1800 - 0600 duty rig

Fri, 10 August Normal shift: twelve hours 1800 - 0600 duty rig

Thur, 16 August Normal Shift: Summer Concert Series 1800 - 0000 duty rig

Fri, 17 August Normal shift: twelve hours 1800 - 0600 duty rig

Sat, 18 August Normal Sunday night rotation 1800 - 0600 duty rig

Wed, 29 August Back-up crew for Summer Concert Series 1800 - 2200 duty rig


I think in September I will return to a more normal existance. Not taking so many shifts, not riding all the time. I'll actually get to have some of the summer to myself and not be at the New York Renaissance Fair all August and Spetember. And then there is October. My magical month.


I love riding... but I will admit that this will add some strain to things here. Luis wants me around and I almost always tied up with squad or work stuff. But we'll make it work. We always do!


Anyway, yesterday was pleasant. We went to see Jerry and Kelly and Tjurra. Tjurra's kids were there, but they mostly ignored us and we did not pay much attention to them. The only surprise was how much older they'd gotten. Anastasia looks like a 16-year-old and she is only 11-years-old. Her fraternal twin, Cameron, clearly gave up most of the genetics and height and learning abilities. He's a very small boy despite their being the same age.


Tjurra is fun to spend time with, and I do like talking to her. Jerry and Kelly are as usual completely wonderful. We really love them. Spending time with them is always worthwhile.


A very good start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...