Foods and Flavours

I'm watching the last few minutes of 60 Minutes, an informative show that I never watch, except for Andrew Rooney's five minutes. He is always worth watching.

In a rare case, I actually disagree with most of what he is saying. He doesn't mix flavours. I mix all kinds of strange flavours and oddly enough that works for me. It is amusing that I'm one of the fussiest eaters alive and I mix peanut butter with bologna. How does that work? I have no idea. My grandmother used to spread peanut butter between two slices of Oscar Meyers bologna and I loved it!

Don't worry, most people have that reaction...

Andrew Rooney is right, though - everything has flavours in it. I'm okay with that, especially in water - water is boring, terribly boring. I love sugar in the worst way and I suppose I'm a total victim of that. I love juice, I can take soda (only clear soda, like Sprite or Fresca), or tea. Lemonade is great, and I have even begun to enjoy iced tea. But drinks need flavour. Water has none and I find it impossible to get into drinking it. Now that they have flavoured water, which has no sugar and no other ingredients (other than water), I like it a lot more. It is not as rich as juice or iced tea, but it is good. I should stock up before our standby at the concert this Thursday.

He did point out that when he gets coffee, they have hazelnut coffee - and a gizillion other strange flavours - that he wondered what is wrong with coffee-flavoured coffee. I wonder myself, but as someone who has never had coffee, I can't really know. I guess for some, flavoured coffee seems amazing. But my father only wants coffee-coffee. If Pop-pop were alive today, he would probably only want coffee-flavoured coffee.

I love lemonade, but lemonade with raspberry or strawberry or mango is phenomenal. Same thing with iced tea - it's pretty good as iced tea, but it is much better as peach iced tea! Why have no flavour or mild flavour when you can have lots of flavours - and different ones at that.

Marketers love people like me. I'm not a smart consumer, but I'm a consumer that knows what I like. And I buy whatever I like, not thinking of the cost. So if something flavourful comes out I want it and enjoy it.

Let's hear it for flavours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...