Happy 5th of July!

Today - such as it is at 0216 - is my parents' 32nd wedding anniversary. And I'm so proud of mine and Luis' 17+ years together! When compared to that (yes, comparisons are odious, as so many people said, but it is the human condition to do so), seventeen years is rather insignifigant. But I am not worried that we will not make it to the number of 32. We have a good life together.

How Ray and my mother are still together is kind of a mystery to me, but I'm happy that they are. I know marriage is not at all easy, but why do people think that it is? I find that to be mystifying that people don't think that a relationship isn't work. Sure it is. The pay is different and the benefits are a completely different kind than major medical and dental (oh, and 401(k) - very important). But there is still a great payscale if you work hard and the benefits are huge. So worth it.

Sometimes it is hard to find that, or it is difficult to get along. It is amazing how many people have trouble with the relationship side of life. It is not easy, by any means, but it is not the struggle for me that it is for others. Not that I haven't things that I struggle with, this just happens to not be one of the trouble areas for me. I guess that is good.

It is worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...