A Busy Day!

If you are sitting there thinking how dull your life is, ask yourself if it really is?

I think we see so much telly and/or movies where there is non-stop action - the telly detective that has cases all the time. (What they are leaving out is the days-worth of downtime where the detective is waiting on ballistics, trace, DNA and various other processes to give them (him or her) that next lead.) Since a one hour show really only gives one 41 minutes to solve a case from discovery to fruition, this is all the stuff that might (at most) be referred to in an off-hand comment.

The real glory and non-stop work is not there. I shouldn't say that. It has to be imminently satisfying to know that your work mainly put someone behind bars. But non-stop is a huge fallacy. Even the men who go up in space have downtime.

I've been singularly unhappy with my life since I began my "retirement". Of course, Aetna's total screw up for two weeks this month absolutely did not help; that was two weeks of my life that aside from being hell and misery, I can't get back. I bet you didn't know you could have a few weeks knocked off your life by some third-party's total indifference to your condition. Well, it is certainly possible. In my case, it seems probable.

However, the missing meds finally showed up last week on Wednesday, 18 May. (I should have had them in MY HOT LITTLE HANDS on Thursday, 12 May, but I need to look it at it from I have them now, rather than remaining bitter with the Aetna for such an unbelievable screw up.) Since then, my excruciatingly painful, horrible life has begun to return to normal. And while I still find it less than perfect, I am saying the hell with stopping.

When the low pressure full of rain bands stalled over us starting last Saturday, well, sigh, there is little to do with this abysmal weather just sitting. It just sat for over a bloody week! DAMN! What the HELL?! So it was miserable outside and I was kept indoors through both incompetence and stymied by the weather.

And then there was Saturday. A rare day of sunshine. Luis and I went out for breakfast and wehn we returned, I had him help me get my new hammock set up. It is delightful! It was good only on Saturday - Luis had it set too low, so my ass was hitting the muddy ground the whole time. But after coming in, I subborned Colin to come over and reset it. I had him get in it - he is tall - close to 6'6" - and weighs 260lbs. That is a good weight for him, by the way, he is not overweight. So his butt did not hit the ground. At a mere 170lbs, mine won't get near it. Yahoo!

Unfortunately yesterday and today are bombs. The weather stinks.

But today, bomb or not, I got up when I woke up - around 06:30 - and began cleaning up the house for the cleaning ladies. Don't laugh. Luis teases me about that all the time. I prepped the house, washed my hair really fast, then heaed to my parents' house. I ran into a couple of snags getting there and Ray cam and picked me up. We went to Wayne Electrical Supply (ironically located in Pompton Plains) to return a photo cell. Then we went to West Wayne Diner on Hamburg Turnpike to grab some breakfast.

A little story for you about the diner. When we were teenagers, my friends and I went there all the time to hang out. We were not like the Parsippany losers, all hanging out with the music in their cars blasting in the parking lot of the Quick Check or whatever that is across the street from my house. Oh, did I mention that they do this really late at night?! Yes. Charming. Anyway, we did not do things to annoy our neighbours and create havoc late at night. We'd go to what was then the King George diner in Wayne and hang out there. We may not have eaten much, but we sat and drank coffee (in my case, tea). We also called it the King Whore but never inside. We loved that place.

Funny, the things one remembers so many year's later...

Anyway, after that, we went to the Shoprite to pick up a couple of things, then went home. That was 11:45. I drove home from Wayne to Parsippany to find the cleaning ladies still there. In general I would not have gone in but I had frozen stuff that I needed to unload. I did that, greeted them, thenwent out first to the Bed, Bath & Beyond to pick up something I needed and then I stowed my car and walked, iPod playing, to the bagel shoppe and back. They were still there, so I am now at the squadhouse typing merryily away.

Is this the most exciting life? No. But it is better than last week's life, which really was dominated by excruciating pain. Oh, and by the way, I have no money. None. (Well, I have $30 in checking and $101 in savings. I have to wait ten days for the stupid STD checks to clear, which is just charming.) So it severely limits what my options are. And then there is the weather:

This Afternoon (Monday): A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 71. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 2am, then a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tuesday: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 88. West wind between 6 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tuesday Night: A chance of showers before 11pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 11pm and 2am, then a chance of showers after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. North wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Wednesday: A slight chance of showers before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. North wind between 3 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Thursday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. Chance of precipitation is 50%.Move point forecast map down, and current conditions, radar, and satellite up.Move point forecast map down, and current conditions, radar, and satellite up.


Isn't that just grand? A week full of crappy weather. Because last week wasn't enough! So even just going for a walk in various parks around town isn't feasible. However, if there is a break in the forecast where the sun comes out, I'm throwing on outdoor clothes and going!

In the meantime, parade season is coming up - Monday's the next one for Memorial Day - and I will be on one of the trucks. I love parades. Any of them - it is something warm and fuzzy and fun to do, so I want to be a part of that. We have Memorial Day, Chidren's Day and Labour Day coming up. If there is another one, I don't know it. I don't think there are any anniversary parades in Parsippany this year.

We also have our summer concert series - all three concerts - coming up and I usually make it for those. I am normally with Bob for it and hope I will be again. But I will get on any of the three busses that go to the concerts.

I have not heard if Parsippany Day is on, but I hope so. I enjoy that every year.

Well, it is 13:50. Time for me to eat and I would think the cleaning ladies are finished. Life is not so bad. Maybe the week after Memorial Day I will take a day trip to the ocean, which I have not seen in ages. I miss the ocean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...