Another Trip to the Hospital

My mother had a grand mal siezure last night and Ray called 9-1-1.

The neurologist had told him not to bother taking her to the hospital, but I have to say that sounds like bad advice to me. She usually has small, localised seizures that last a short time (maybe 30 seconds) and this time, according to Ray, she had a grand mal seizure, with the whole nine yards - all kinds of muscle spasms and long-lasting. He said seven to ten minutes, but I have no way of knowing how true that is... time is a funny thing when someone you love is going through that. But I do believe that it was more severe than normal.

Also, she does not have siezures that often. This was odd in all ways.

So I met them at Chilton Hospital and went to Fast Track 8 on the four-hour plan. How that is fast track I just don't know. They were hopping there - there were calls coming in all the time. I saw several different EMS teams.

Her nurse, Tameca, was very sweet. She's tall and pretty and showed Ray where Ma's urethra is when she catheterised her. At least it was educational.

Hopefully this will be the last trip for a long, long time.

Comments

CrystalChick said…
Hi Aislinge,
I sure hope your Mom is alright and that she doesn't have this happen again for a long, long time. Thinking of you! M

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...