Don't Let This Happen to You

Your teeth are more important than you think they are.

I listen to people tell me how their teeth are "soft" or prone to cavities and I want to slap myself. I have naturally strong teeth and I screwed them all up. They look awful. I have four crowns now and tons of metal - well, amalgam. This last visit was rather uncomfortable - enough so that I requested novacaine twice. Usually if Dr. Feredjian tells me I don't need it, I'm comfortable with that. But this time I tried it without and then asked for it. And then asked again.

Of course, in this case, I had not only a crown put in but needed oral surgery prior to do a crown lengthening... a long and nondescript way of saying I really did a number on this tooth.

Dr. Feredjian is a lot of fun and it's always worth seeing him, but at what price? Forget the money side of it. I don't mind spending money to fix things but the worst part is I could avoided all of this just by brushing and flossing my teeth.

On the upside, I met my soon-to-be new dentist and he's very likable. Immediately likable. Sometimes - most of the time - my gut feelings serve me well. I asked him how he got into dentistry and he was quite forthright - his father was and since the second grade, he knew he would be. I like that. And he showed me a framed picture that he drew when he was very young. I love that. (Of course, my aptitude for names is as terrible as ever... I've forgotten it as fast as I heard it!)

It was, overall, a good visit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...