Watching Celebrity Apprentice Again!

Yep. It's that time of the week (not really, but that sounds good, right?)

I enjoy this show greatly but at the same time, I sometimes want to slap the celebrities. I love Joan Rivers, I love Clint Black. Jesse James is normally very likeable, but this time, not so much. And the other team, ye gods. Brande Something (I'm sorry, I just can't remember names well) and Annie... Annie... Duke - are snakes. They are imature and whispering to each other and overly ass-kissing. Melissa Rivers may be a little overly sensitive, but as much I am not a big fan of hers, she's completely right about this.

Clint is the one I'm most impressed with. He is managing the team and the project really, really well. He is very aware of what he did wrong the first time. He is making a marked effort to be open and attentive. Clint would ask questions and ask for input and Jesse - surprisingly - was complete unreceptive. He was even unresponsive. He started out negative, and continued that way. Jesse has an unreasonable and to me sudden and strong dislike of Clint, but I give the man a ton of credit. So did Joan.

It was an amazing thing.

The other team... was disfunctional to point of being ludicrous. Brande did not utilize Melissa at all. Is she annoying? Yes! Absolutely. There is no argument on this point. However, she knows a lot about this kind of work. Annie and Brande are absolutely being grabby with the tasks and fake-friendly. I would have actually respected them more had they admitted that they were ousting Melissa. But they both said together and seperately that they weren't at all out to get her.

Please don't lie. It is not admirable.

And Jesse James! My gods, I always hate that people surprise me, but they do. All the time. And he surprised the crap out of me. Now I always have ideas on who should be fired. I would stand up and put Jesse up for termination immediately. He was insubordinate and openly hostile. He called Clint stupid several times. He actually cursed. He spent all season as this quiet, unassuming guy and suddenly we all got to see the monster. I am completely shocked.

Maybe the show works so well because the celebrities all reach a comfort level with the cameras, so much so that the ugly side of everyone appeared.

Melissa was given nothing to do and then when they met with the financial show guy, Annie did nothing but talk herself up; Brande said nothing; and Melissa got in the final zing. I actually have to give her super-high marks for this... When the-- ah, here's his name-- Jim Cramer, asked them, "If each one of ya just had one wish for me to say in yer, eh, for each of you, what would it be?", Brande stuck up one finger and stated, "Good leader - for me." Annie said, "I worked my ass off and did some amazing branding." And Melissa? She said, "And you know what... what word I'd really like to hear? [a comment I couldn't hear] Is that it was equal."

You could see - very visably see - Annie wanting to take umbrage. She even said, "I swear I wanted to punch her in the face." HA! WAY TO GO, MELISSA! And Brande agreed! She's not bright, but she was smart enough to see that. Let's fire both Jesse and Annie, and see what happens. Brande will lead whoever is calling the shots. Annie will take anything over and then throw whoever she can under the bus. She's been doing that all along.

Down to the presentation, Clint does well with this. He has an adorable face. He is warm and friendly. The four-page spread was excellent! They branded it like crazy without it being too much. For the other team, Annie was dry and boring. Unfortunately,so was their advert. The first three pages were terrible. The fourth page was actually quite good. But the other team won this as far as I'm concerned.

Brande played up the confidence well and they all sounded positive. Clint tried to be positive, but really couldn't pull it off with Jesse. And Jesse immediately threw him under the bus. He is the man and he knows all about magazines. He has a magazine. Maybe he does but he has staff that does it.

Poor Joan. She had to say something about the team mates, but really couldn't say anything too clearly about either party. I would have been very clear about the situation.

Clint WON! YES!

Jesse just got spared the bullet. The ensuing bloodbath should be very interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...