People are Scary

On my way home from the doctor and pharmacy, I stopped for a yellow light. The Optimum truck behind, fully intending to run that light, did not like my close-to-last-minute decision to stop instead of running it.

When did the laws change?

As I understand it, when the traffic light turns yellow, you are supposed to stop for it. There are police who will, in fact, pull you over and ticket you for running a yellow light. Chances are there no police there when this happened, but how do you know? And is it actually wrong to follow the laws? He could have stopped. He instead opted to pass by me on the left, as close as possible without actually damaging the vehicles (I suspect this show of restraint happened only because the vehicle wasn't his to destroy), then pulled in front (as much as allowable) and presented me with his middle finger.

Quite likely his I.Q.

I know I really pushed him over the edge by smiling and waving under my chin at him. He pulled out ahead when the light turned green. Then he pulled over to the side and maybe three or four vehicles behind me he pulled out again. I have a sneaking suspicion he was following hoping to create a truly unbelievable encounter but I turned off the road quickly and I guess he either couldn't make the turn or decided against it. Never-the-less, there is one pissed off person who happily runs lights.

Well, that narrows the choices to... almost everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...