CSI - Growing and Going Great!

I was enthralled by CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which has exceeded all of my expectations. I was not a huge fan of Lawrence Fishbourne (not his acting ability as much as the genre of characters and movies; he played angry people or just plain scary ones) and while a show should be good enough on its own merits to survive a major character change, very often it doesn't work out. In this case, though, parting with Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle), Gary Dourdan (Warrick Brown) was good for the show and I was tired of the drama in the characters, the loss of William Peterson as Gil Grissom was really a rather unpleasant surprise. I really was not sure how it would work out.

As it happens it has worked out beautifully. Yes, I do miss the humour of Gil Grissom; but the producers did not replace William Peterson with another William Peterson or another Gil Grissom and this often is where shows fatally stumble. Instead, Lawrence Fishbourne brings his own wonderful quirks to the character and has aged nicely and into a warm and funny person and yet still portrays the growing side of someone in a new position. It is a charming mix and I have to give all involved credit.

I love CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. It is one of the few shows that I have never felt I needed to take a break from (I wasn't crazy about the last two of the four episodes that has Lieb Shreiber, but that is one of the few times where I wasn't excited about the story line); as much as I loved Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty and other shows, very often I missed a whole season because the show and the story line was too depressing. Once shows get too dark I cut them from my list. I've lost some interest in CSI: New York and I don't watch CSI: Miami at all, not for the last two seasons. Until David Caruso either turns into a wholly different character or is gone from the show, I doubt I will ever pick it back up. His role is a mistake - he is completely insincere. The first three or four seasons I found him okay and liked a lot the other actors/characters, especially Emily Proctor from her role as Ainsley Hayes on The West Wing; but after a while I really couldn't stand Horacio Kane.

CSI: New York mostly has the right crew and I will always think the world of Gary Sinise, whose resume is incredible and also played in many of my favourite movies, such as Apollo 13. This is one of the best movies ever, so I am quite enamored of all the actors in it. This season has not been their best, but I think they'll reach the better place where I will be more into it again.

Last week was the 200th episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and it was great, really beautifully done. The opening was completely unexpected and very well made with excellent music, visuals and intro. Last night's episode (201) was "The Descent of Man" and also excellently done. Next week, #202, which has not aired yet, looks very promising, with the Star Trek props and probably having to do with one of the huge conventions that is either specific to Star Trek or to science fiction in general. I am excited to see it.
Thank you to Wikipedia for providing tons of excellent information on the show.

Way to go, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...