Pissed Off At ING

I have recommended ING Direct to so mny people and then this showed up in my Inbox:

"Date: April 08, 2009
Dear Aislinge,
Customer Number: XXXXXXX

Based on recent activity in your Orange Savings Account™, we want to remind you that you cannot make more than six withdrawals from your account each month. This is a federal regulation that all banks are required to follow for savings accounts like this one, so if this type of activity occurs more than three times in any 12-month period, we will have to close your account.

We don't want that to happen, so here's what you can do to prevent your account from being closed:Take a look at your statements or go to ingdirect.com and review your account activity. Keep track of how many times you transfer money out of your Orange Savings Account, including transfers to other ING DIRECT Accounts, and make sure you're not making more than six withdrawals each month. Make one or two larger transactions rather than moving money numerous times. This will reduce the number of withdrawals you make each month.

Give us a call at 1-888-464-0727 if you have any questions.

Save Your Money."

Excuse me, when did it become your business to manage my money? I prefer to keep the money in savings but sometimes I need to move it out to Checking. Why should ING care what I do with my money? Why is it their concern?

I'd heard of this before but it is the stupidest thing I have ever read and at the time another person told me about it I thought it was erroneous information. Now I see to my dismay that this is true.

I'm going to contact ING and have this conversation with them, but I also want the [very tiny amount of] readership to know about this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
unfortunately it's in your terms and conditions when you sign up...cause technically your savings account is a money market account (i work for ingdirect)
Anonymous said…
Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war. "F"them good,take your money and go elsewhere. Thats just me.
CrystalChick said…
Thanks for the info. You know, I don't even know if our bank has rules about that. I know that my business account has been charged because I dropped under $1000.00. And the charge is 25 bucks! You can drop below the amount for like an hour and they still charge you. That pisses me off. But to take the little money I do have out of that bank and go to the credit union who have no minimum would just be a pain as I have all my PayPal stuff and checks with my biz name and all so I try to not get bent out of shape over the penalty and also just try to keep it from happening. It's getting harder though as sales at Etsy have been soooooo slow.

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...