First Aid and Disappointing People

Most people like to go out and do things on Saturday. I prefer to throw in my lot with the squad on my rotation and others since we are not too social by nature. But sometimes I wonder...

Oh, I don't wonder whether it is worth it or how I feel about riding as an EMT - I love it. But people are such a let-down.

This Sunday morning I was finally asleep when the pager went off just before 0400. An MVC on Route 280 West, multiple injuries. We raced down there to meet another EMT onscene to find the patient with a closed break to one leg. The patient was in the back of a truck and had been asleep with two children - all unrestrained and laying on the floor.

I hate that people do stupid things, but I have reached a point where if an adult wants to do something truly stupid that harms no one else, well, hey, that is up to that person. Whatever... reaching the age of consent means you can be an idiot if you'd like. However, when you knowingly endanger children, that is altogether another matter.

I have no patience with that. I realise kids are not my thing, but when you make the decision to be a parent, that means protecting and safeguarding another person's life, especially those who are unable to make the right and safe decisions. These were young kids and while these two got lucky and only one adult (out of three and five total kids) was injured, that is not the norm.

I'm freshly disappointed by people. I can't imagine why. They do this regularly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

The Longairc-Green Family