I must be Crazy...

Remember this morning's lofty goals? Not happening. There is no way to find enough topics - and the time - to put up as many meaningful posts as I'd like. The days are too long and tonight has proven to be the standard in full-moon fare. Don't misunderstand; you don't need just crazy people to make the full moon nights what they are. Sometimes it is all medical, sometimes it is all substance abuse, most of the time it is a mix. It's just more.

So tonight we had one medical call and one CO alarm, which undoubtedly the fire district at the scene is still playing with - people do the strangest things. I'll just leave it there. CO alarms are normally a show-up-and-get-dismissed-immediately kind of thing, but tonight we were standing there talking and talking while the firemen were in and out and doing things. This is a standard stanby at a scene where the firefighters have the work.

Still, that is about 90 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Guess that beats the last fire call where it was a balmy 9°F and windy as all get-out. BBBBBR-R-R-R-R-R!

So what will I talk about tonight? More brain emptying stuff... back to People Magezine (I got this week's installment today but I'm still getting plenty of juice out of last week's). Let me see... this never gets old. Sure, I read mostly books and I always get Discover and National Geographic - egghead science geek that I am - but I still like the "dirt" side of People and while a good portion is just dishin' on the rich and famous, they are not blatantly lying like the rag magazines which I have never read and never will.

Ah, yes. This one has Prince William and his long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton. Apparently if you are royalty and make a comment when you're 22 that you at least want to be 28 before you get married, this will come back to haunt you - about two months before you turn 28. I feel bad for that whole family. Prince William and Prince Harry had to watch their parents go through a messy divorce and deal with their mother's early death being plastered all the over the world. True, they would not be the good looking kids that they are if Camilla Parker-Bowles had married Prince Charles back in the day, but it certainly would have had a better outcome had he been able to married as he wished, not as his family wished.

Kate seems like a wonderful person and they've been together a long time. But no one needs to push them. When they are ready to get married, they'll get married. They probably wouldn't be allowed to elope, more's the pity. I hate big overdone weddings and I watched Diana wed Prince Charles - it doesn't get more overdone than that! Fairy tale wedding? More like Nightmare on High Street or Buckingham Palace Nightmare - it was hours long and so overdone, it was really rather torturous. Opulence is not my style. I'd love to have the royal purse to shop with, but they'd not care for me. I would not be able to layout a thousand bucks for one outfit. I don't see the point.

Anyway, everyone should leave Prince William and Kate alone.

There is an article called "My Life in Pictures - Michael Caine". Now, what is not to love about Michael Caine? He's wonderful fun, he's funny, been in a great selection of films and has a face that could melt butter. He's older now (or just old) but why should that be the end of anything? (This is clearly a concept not understood by Heidi Montag or any of her ilk - they'll just melt like butter not too long from now from all the surgical altering they've had.) Michael has been married 37 years to his wife, so already this is a man way ahead of others - most famous people play musical spouses and move onto women or men who are entirely too young for them.

I loved Edicating Rita, Dressed to Kill (not his normal role, I grant you) and Miss Congeniality. He has played a broad spectrum of roles. His accent is wonderful. And he is still doing what he loves.

Kate Walsh has finalised her divorce. Did you know that she played an M to F in one of the old CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes? Yes - she was in the one I posted about way back when (hold on, I'll find it). She was playing a man who surgically became a woman and was helping Grissom to find the killer. Let me see... ah, yes, Thinking About Gender from 19 February 2006! That's it. (This will be the true test of how much I recall from my HTML writing days...)

(In case you are curious, I originally coded my Web site, Aislinge's Home on the Web myself - the whole thing! I wrote all of that coding. HTML is the only language I can program in, it's just English in brackets. I have books on it and I looked up everything and I also worked at the time for Meta4 Digital Design, which did that. We all knew at least some HTML - they did CGI scripts and JavaScript, too, but I never got into those.)

Now I'm getting into the part of People (still the 3 May issue) that I haven't read in advance and ye gods! Remember the younger, hot-hot-hot Antonio Banderas? Not so much now. He's buried under a mountain of beard! Yikes. On the one hand it is nice that he and Melanie Griffith have a successful marriage, but she's another one that will melt if she is exposed to any elements for five minutes... The lip injections were really a bad idea. Voice lessons or something would have been a better idea.

Someone named Niki Taylor had a baby (the third one) and dropped 59lbs and looks amazing. At the end, she stated that the weight training is just a part of motherhood. "I'm lifting a 25lb baby, her stroller and a diaper bag," she says. "That's a workout!" Well, I can't argue that this is a workout, but most women of small fries that I see are quite overweight and now - shockingly - so are the kids. The world is not that simple. Most mothers are fat and most kids are fat. Something that was a freaky thing when I was a kid is now common - children should not be fat. Niki, you are one fortunate woman. And you should tell yourself that every night.

I am not a fan of my face, but suddenly I'm grateful to have it. There is a woman in here with a really long face, a super-long nose and a very high forehead. I just have the Jay Leno chin... I'll be happy with my face, thanks!

And that concludes last week's People Magazine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...