Now I Understand...

Some concepts are tough to get until the right event happens.

I actually have a fan. She's a really great person, and one day, home not feeling well, she read my blog - the whole thing up to 2008 - that is a LOT of reading. Now I get it! People really do read my blog! Who knew? I was told that over and over again, but thinking, "no, who would be able to get through it?"

Well, how cool is that? Someone does get through it!

This is wonderful and weird at the same time, but more wonderful. All those thoughts thrown out into the void that is the Internet have been read! How is that not neat? How can you not like that? There are many reasons for writing a blog and it is not just to empty my head of all those stray thoughts that clutter it up, but to know that someone out there (besides your spouse or friends or family - or coworkers) get it. Get what is running through your head!

I had a wonderful night. I met not just the person who reads my blog but 12 or 13 other completely fun, wonderful... programmers! Not that I thought all programmers were dull, by any means - I've thrown my lot in with one for just over 20 years now - but they all talk in code and get excited about their jobs the way I do about both of mine. That is the best - anyone who loves their job is someone I can talk to. I always say that people should only do jobs they love - not that we all get that luxury - and here they were. All ages, mostly both genders (I made the comment that I like these odds; two women and 12 men), all types, heights, interests, etc. And great dinner company. I love meeting people and discovering things about them... maybe because they help me to discover things about myself. Things I would not have been able to stumble onto myself in a month of Sundays.

It's 22:02, and I am tired. But I plan to sleep in (if I can, the bed is becoming more like a board each day), and then SHOP til I DROP in Faneuil Hall and look for my favourite old coin and bank notes dealer. (I still want a pre-1921 United States bank note - they were totally different plates and nearly half again as large as the currency we use now. Can you believe it? We have not changed our currency in nearly a bloody century!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...