The Movie "Julie & Julia"

I love this movie.

I recorded it when it first aired on Stars on 10 April. I had heard it was cute, so I recorded it and it being April, I kind of come home and take a nap... before going to bed! It may sound boring but it is not really - the days are just packed! They'll be packed until mid-May, when I find my rhythm. But until then, Thursday is the only night I stay up.

When I put this on, it was immediately charming. It's about Julie, who decides that she will blog about cooking all 524 recipes by Julia Child in one year. The blog is great and Julie cooks her butt off. She also got in trouble for blogging (briefly - one little scene). I'm not a blogger who will get writing offers. I'm aimless and all over the place - which is me. This is the way I am in life.

But in some ways, it's really good to be me.

Did you know people actually read this? I wonder how. I write and write and write and most people don't read. And yet I'm told that people read this. How amazing. I found myself thinking, "Really? Who has that kind of time?" It has to be painful to read my aimless wanderings through life. I never wrote this for other people. I just do it for myself, as an outlet. Of course, I can't write about most of the stuff I'd like to but that still leaves tonnes of material. Strange, yes?

Maybe not. Maybe most people keep journals but what's the fun in that? I'm more into conversation... It's why I like Facebook.... which is really just another forum for me to get in trouble when you think about it. But people are what make life rich.

And the flowers. Oh, my gods, all I have is a terribly stuffed nose from my infamous allergies to every pollen on the planet, but when I drive about with my sunroof open, the petals swirl into my car and I am grinning like an idiot! It is gorgeous. It's so lovely outside. The trees, the flowers, the colours - oh, the colours! How can anyone not notice? How do people drive around and not see it? How does anyone shrug off the beauty of this? But people live on the world, not in it. Isn't that sad? One reason I love being me is I see it.

I'm going to go on a whale watch in Boston. How cool is that? I can't wait - I put it out there on Facebook and the response I got was great! Everyone said it was a wonderful experience and I should do it. Well! Why not? The worst thing that happens is I spend hours out on the ocean and I love the ocean. So it seems like a great idea no matter what.

WALL-E is on. Another great movie. Granted, I could probably recite it line for line, but hey, I'm OK with that. I can recite Apollo 13 line for line and watch it every time it airs (lately, that has been a lot). Luis finds it baffling, but he doesn't need to get it.

Oh, I'm so looking forward to Boston! This will be such a great trip!

Comments

Kittie Howard said…
Hope you have a great trip to Boston! Our niece is running the Marathon this weekend. And I enjoy reading your posts. You have a smoothe writing style that makes your posts fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...