Bret Michaels in Trouble

I saw something in my People Magazine that Bret Michaels had emergency appendix surgery, just around the time he was supposed to go onstage. Good thing he did not and it hadn't ruptured in a huge arena. He was hospitalised and was in good condition. Now I found this on Yahoo! News:

"Bret Michaels Remains in Critical Condition

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Rocker and reality star Bret Michaels is still in critical condition after suffering a massive brain hemorrhage, according to the star's Facebook page. "There are several incorrect reports on Bret's condition," said a note posted to the star's official page. "Bret remains in critical condition at an undisclosed location. Further tests are being ran and information will be updated in the coming days. Thank you for your support, thoughts & concern."

On Friday evening, some online reports stated that Bret had stabilized and regained consciousness - and was even talking. Radar Online reportedly spoke to Bret's father, Wally Sychak, who told the site that he had spoken to his son. "I talked to him this morning. He sounded upbeat and positive but they had him sedated," Sychak reportedly told Radar Online. "But he's doing good. He sounded like my son."

Bret, a contestant on the current season of NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice," had been blogging for Fancast and sent his latest entry to the site on Wednesday, which was posted on Friday night. In his blog, the singer said he was mid-way on his way to recovery after a serious surgery.

"Hey guys. I wanted to check in again to let you know how things are," he said, referring to his recovery from an emergency appendectomy two weeks earlier. "I'm feeling right about in the middle right now on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not 100% yet, but I'm sure as hell not where I was when it happened. When your appendix ruptures if feels like what it would feel if you're on the losing end of a knife fight, so it takes a bit to recover from that," he continued.

The Poison frontman also addressed how his type-1 diabetes, a condition he was diagnosed with at age 6, mixes with his rock star lifestyle. "When I say 'party' and 'let's have fun,' I'm one of those guys that just likes to have a great time," Bret blogged. "I'm not a belligerent drunk. I don't need to drink. But, there's a big misconception about drinking and diabetes, and honestly, drinking an immense amount of alcohol for anybody is bad. Let's get clear about that. But, for a diabetic, it just doesn't work in your diet. It's got so much sugar content."

He added that problems stem from confusion about intoxication vs. blood sugar levels, and not eating right after. "I pick and choose my times when I'm going to have fun," he wrote. "This was a wake up call to be a little bit more diligent on keeping control of my health... It's tricky for me. I need to find something healthier to do on my day off then going out and finding a club to hang out at."

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, two weeks removed from an emergency appendectomy, Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital on Thursday night where it was discovered the rocker had suffered a massive brain hemorrhage, a rep for the rocker confirmed to Access.

Following the news of Bret's hospitalization on Friday, his "Celebrity Apprentice" boss Donald Trump offered his well wishes. "I am deeply saddened to hear about Bret Michaels and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time. He's a great competitor and champion and I hope he will be fine.""

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...