An Evening of JoCo

I love this man's music. Well, he looks like a kid with excess hair. Luis would look like without the facial hair (although the baldness has enough aging qualities by itself...)

Jonathan Coulton, baby, the guy who wrote The Presidents (see last night's last posting). He's wonderful. Writes the most amazing songs. Right this moment, I'm listening to Soft Rocked By Me, a love song but still with that witty sense of humour that I have to adore... Intelligent humour is so hard to find. But almost all of his songs have funny lyrics. Some of my favourites are up : Code Monkey, Chiron Beta Prime, etc. There's one called W's Duty, which he doesn't sing - it is just clips of George W. Bush's voice saying, "Duty, duty, duty, do your duty." There are plenty more lines in there, but they all have the word "duty" in there... a particular favourite of this moron's.

I get to badmouth the President. I live in the free country of the United States and I voted - therefore I get to gripe about the present (and really any other) incumbent. I must say, I have a conundrum... I hate all of the new candidates... which reminds, what the heck is a Ron Paul? I've passed signs for this guy on the way into and home from work, as well as something on North Beverwyck, reading, "Google Ron Paul". Someone has WAY too much free time on their hands...

I have too much cynicism. These guys (and now gals) are all lying people who will say anything to get into office (I cannot why - HR can be a thankless job but that is ALWAYS a thankless job - someone somewhere will undoubtedly be unhappy with what you've just done!

Lately I'm making people a lot happier, but if I did this all the time and someone was always mad at me, I'd have to move on to something far more satisfying. Really. I felt that way at USI and I moved on. Glad of it, too. Who'd thought I'd be where I am now!

Now I'm listening to SkyMall. More funny stuff.

I actually have to run across the street to the squadhouse to put away the last of the meeting notes! Then I am done with that.

To show that turning 40 has its deleterious effects, how about this: last night was our monthly meeting and I TOTALLY forgot! Completely! I didn't remember until tonight, about an hour ago! How bad is that?!

Comments

CrystalChick said…
LOL I had to laugh, because if Ron Paul weren't listed on the Repug side, and was getting more than 10% of the vote, I'd give him my support. He's actually fairly interesting and I've known of him for some time, but the country isn't ready for someone radical. LOL When and if the independants or libertarians break free and become a party to be reckoned with, there will certainly be more of those type people to step up.
Check him out tho, I found a few things very interesting altho I did not vote for him yesterday.

p.s. LOVE your new picture! 40 is being kind to you!

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...