HONK if You Love Me...

Well, I want to write more. But the energy just is not there. I will do this tomorrow.

It's tomorrow... in fact, it is over 24 hours since I put this post here (as a draft) so I would not forget to write it.

No, I don't mean you should honk if you love me. I mean Bob does. This is sort of an ode to Bob - Bob Heinzerling, my lieutenant.

He's the best. And I'm not saying that to suck up (I doubt anyone except one disgruntled crew person would say that about me) - he just is. We get along very well, always joking and having fun, even on-scene. That might sound inappropriate to you but trust me, patients find it reassuring - if he or she were in really dire straights, we wouldn't be busting each other's chops.
Bob in November at a friend's wedding. He hates having his photo taken, so this is the best one to pop in here!

And he is good to me - always giving me tips and tricks and things to know - I'm still extremely new to being an EMT - 300+ calls over three years (on 10 March) does not make me anything more than a novice and I know this. I may act like I am much more experienced but there is much more that I've not done than done.

I always try to be as good to Bob - there are times when I will miss several shifts but I always - ALWAYS - get coverage. He'd have to admit that, even if he's annoyed that I am not there. And the sweetest thing - and this I love - is that on nights that I am not on, he will always honk the air horn on the way out to a call and on the return. Right under my bedroom window! That might sound awful to you but he is telling me he misses me on that call. I miss him on the nights I can't ride too - I enjoy his company a lot.

So HONK to you, too, Bob!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...