There's Nothing That Fur Can't Fix!

No, before the animal activists go nuts, I don't mean wearing a fur coat! I don't really mind fur coats, but on the other hand I would not seek one out. I also wouldn't toss red paint at it. I don't like fur coats but it has nothing to do with my sympathies to the animals... they are usually raised in animal farms specifically for that purpose. Is it nice? No... but it is regulated and meant solely for this purpose. I may not agree with wearing a useless fur coat, either. Seems pointless.

But this is nothing about fur coats. This is all about how the wonder of fur can brighten even the darkest day. I have two cats, Ariel and Chelsea. I love them to pieces. They are the closest I will ever willingly get to having children. They are happiness and joy and comfort and let's face it, the worst day in the world can be cheered by their fuzzy presences.

Both are 14 years old and both are showing their old age in different ways. But they still have basic behaviours that don't change. Chelsea is not one to often sleep with me, although she and Ariel will share the California king waterbed we have when Luis is away. Chelsea comes for what I call "nocturnal visits". Fortunately this is not a nightly thing or I would not get much sleep, but it is still very sweet none-the-less. She hops up onto the far corner (by Luis' feet), then zips over or around Luis' sleeping bulk to come walk on my chest. She will stay for just a few minutes and then CLUNK, she's off the bed. Once in a great while, I will wake up and find that Chelsea has fallen asleep right next to my head - I love that! Instant fur! Then I can just turn my head so that my ear is lightly against her side and listen to the happy purring within!

That's Chelsea. That's her MO.

Ariel is a little different. She spends a lot more of the night on the bed with us. Mostly it is on the top of the covers, near my knees or feet, but often enough she likes to slink under the covers and curl up against my side, my hip or behind my knees. Once in a while she will like my fingers or toes for a second, as if to let me know she's there. Her fur is the softest, silkiest fur and I love the feel of it against my skin or the vibrating of her happy purring body against my arm. And no matter how tired, or sick, or unhappy I may be feeling, all is right with the world again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...