Vanity Is Too Much Work

It really is... I cannot understand how people can waste their time so.

I have a few vanities. I love my hair (some days more than others...) enough to get it colour treated and keep the grey hair at bay. I won't over process it, though - it is colour treated and that is it. I may, on particularly humid days, use a tiny amount of Biolage to keep it from frizzing too severely but I do not use mousse, gel, hairspray, or any other gook. I also don't perm it (which would be ludicrous with naturally curly hair) or straighten it. There was a time when I did straighten it, but it never did become straight so why bother?

Photo: Christmas Day: plain old me, with my normal facial regiment... nothing! The colours and the oily sheen is all mine.

Make up is a plane of existence I never visit and don't care if I never got there again. I don't wear it; or so infrequently as to not matter. I don't mean that I put on a bit of blush each day and that is it - I really mean I don't wear it. At all. The closest I get to it is putting lip balm on and trust me, if my lips weren't prone to chapping in the winter, I'd not do that either.



Clothing is a funny area for me. I love having clothes, nice ones and casual ones, but at my current weight I rarely feel good about buying them. Especially when one is stuck shopping in the Lane Bryant stores or Dress Barn Woman - you don't really think us plus-sized women are actually fooled by that whole "plus size" or "woman" thing, do you? Granted it sounds more polite than "fat clothes for the fat woman" but never think that the whole world doesn't think that. I hate those stores. They are finally making better more in style clothing but at the same time, someone with my physique should absolutely NOT be wearing a belly shirt!

Me with Danny Weber, my beloved Captain. He looks wonderful except for an inability to really smile in photographs. I had on make-up... but who could tell? And did I look more alluring because of it... Hmmm. I think not.

It takes me twenty-five minutes from jumping in the shower to putting on my coat to leave to be ready to leave. On shaving days, it is closer to 45 minutes. I'm not one of these high-maintenance women that takes two hours to get ready like I'm preparing to go on stage. It's nice for Luis. He's waiting, but never for long.

Let's hear it for low maintenance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...