Actors Are Not Perfect

Not that we didn't know this, but I get to like an actor and they inevitably prove that fame and fortune does not have a benefit.

What really bothers me is that in California, they are just a little too nice.

I started blogging in August of 2005. I began doing this because I was reading my guilty pleasure, People Magazine, and had gotten a little bent out of shape over an article in it. I'm still reading People but don't post too often about the stuff I find in it.

Usually I am not too interested in what dirt they've dug up on this or that star, but I do pay attention to the Passages section, which has birthdays for that week, updates on who is getting married, pregnant, just delivered, died, etc. Here is one that caught my attention:

Under LEGAL MATTERS:
"Actor Shia LaBeouf's driver's license has been suspended for at least one year due to his July 2008 car crash. The penalty took effect January 17 because the Transformers star, 22, "refused a chemical test" after his truck hit another vehicle and flipped upside down, according to the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Although they initially booked him for DUI, authorities declined to file charges due to insufficient evidence."

OK, you California folks really need so help with this kind of thing. Welcome to New Jersey. In this state, if you refuse the breathalyzer or a chemical test, you are guilty. Very few people refuse the test with that kind of incentive. Every so often we get some mental midget that tells us s/he is a diabetic and therefore not driving drunk, but that is when we have medics or the hospital do a blood sugar test and if their blood sugar is within the normal range that takes care of that.

I'm also thinking that the New Jersey Motor Vehicles Commission would not give the press or anyone not directly involved with an accident information about any incident, but I may be wrong about that. None-the-less, I don't think much of that. I'd hate to think that any government agency is distributing such information to the press.

And of course, I am so disappointed in Shia LaBeouf, but being cute and in great movies clearly doesn't confer wisdom. I know this. Eventually he'll figure it out, too.

We hope.

In the meantime, for more amusing stories on what not to do when it comes to the police, go to this posting: http://www.patrickkphillips.com/2009/02/04/comply-first-complain-later/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...