A Reply to Cynical Bastard's Post

If you did not read this morning's post by Cynical Bastard, take a look at it...

http://cynicalbstd.blogspot.com/2009/02/stupid-people-are-taking-over.html

But I had to respond.

"I do from time to time comment upon politics, but always preface it with "I'm politically stupid". Which is true... I am. But at least I'm making it completely clear at the outset.

This guy.. I'm with you. He's a moron. I certainly know enough of history to tell you that Millard Fillmore was indeed president and Andrew Johnson was the second president, not the one in the 60s. I must say, however, billing William Henry Harding as one of the bottom ten presidents is a tad harsh. He died something like a month into his reign. No one knows if he would have been a good or bad president.

George W. Bush has no brains and he pulled it off for two terms...!"

Well, he did rank pretty low. So it is not just me. How anyone really knows how well George Washington or Andrew Johnson did is slightly far-fetched. I still remember when history was watered down and rewritten when I was in school. So what do you think people wrote back nearly 240 years ago...?

Did you know... George Washington wanted to be called King? Not quite what you were thinking for the founder of American freedom, is it?

Did you know... Abraham Lincoln married Mary, who proved to be bipolar.

It's the little things that get you in the end...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...