Saturday Six: Relationships

OK, I’m a bit late with today’s Saturday six, I’ve had quite a hectic day anyhow without further ado here it is the new Saturday Six and continuing with the new themes for the Saturday Six this weeks theme is relationships.

As usual you can either answer the questions here or copy the questions on to your blog with a link back here (and leave a link in the comments).
Are you in a relationship?


Yes, I am. Many, but I assume that in this case you are asking about a sexual/romantic relationship. I only have one of those.


How long for?


We will have our 19 year anniversary on 22 March. Next year will be a biggie for us. I remember how people say things like our anniversaries aren't real because we are not legally married, but I'll tell you honestly that we've seen a lot of couples get married, and almost as many get divorced. It's easy to critisize us for our choices but not so easy to have the relationship we have.


If you were to go out with a friend of the opposite sex would your partner get jealous?


Good gods, no. I would not be with someone like that, I feel jealousy is a wasted emotion. If you can't feel any level of trust with your partner, then you should not be in a relationship with that person. It is that simple.


I had a boyfriend, Joe, who was a good guy. He was jealous like that with me and I was always very unappreciative of it. After we broke up and he became involved with someone else, his new girlfriend was beautiful but consumed with petty jealousy, just as he had been. When we caught up, he admitted that he could see now why I had been so frustrated with that side of him. I suspect he learned a lot from it.


If you forgot an anniversary how would you make it up to your partner?

Luis is indifferent to things like that, so I would not have to do much if anything. But I'd still take him for dinner or something. I always send him flowers on Valentine's Day, as I think it is stupid the way women hold their men over for turtore on a meaningless made-up day by the cards & flower companies.

Have you ever lied about where you have been, just to keep the peace?

Only if I've been shopping, but even then I don't lie about where I've been as much as I downplay how much shopping I really did.

Do you still walk hand in hand when you are out together?

Sometimes, but Luis is physically unhappy doing it for long. His hands are always hot, so walking hand-in-hand makes him sweat. We will walk occasionally with our arms around each other. It is hard to do that, though...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...