The Wonderful (and Unbelievable) World of Advertising

You [very few] who read my blog every so often may have seen a posting I had put up last year about the adverts on Facebook. I don't think much of them. I am thinking even less of them now:



Advertise
How I Reduced My Debt







Read how a busy mom
erased over $20,000 of
debt in 3 easy steps!

No, I did not keep the links active. I'm not going to contribute to the idea that cash is this easy to make without doing something illegal. The second I saw this, I thought, "By selling drugs?" How else would you make money like this, in a big wad of cash? Most of us pay taxes. If I was getting paid this way, I'd worry that something really sleazy was going on!

But look at how many "legitimate" businesses are sleazy enterprises. Amway, of course, comes screaming to mind. The group with the pink cadillac is the same. They've probably done some slight revisions to not be as obvious a pyramid scheme. But they are still the bottom of the barrel and attract all the people who are so desperate to make money - whether it was extra income or primary. Anyone buying into this is just fooled.

Back to that advert, I'm appalled. I realise this is how Facebook stays up, but a little monitoring of the adverts being viewed by a lot of kids would not kill anyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...