Saturday Memes: Two of Three

Saturday 9: Time Has Come Today
1. What time of day do you usually play Saturday 9?

I do the Saturday Nine and two other Saturday (Six) memes whenever I have the time and/or whenever it gets posted. Yours is usually up (probably posted on Thursday or Friday but slated to appear on Saturday), but that is not always so with the others. My weekends are not nearly so structured as my weekdays.

2. At 9AM on a weekday, what are you doing?

It depends on the day. If it is 0900 on Monday, I'm running the payroll. On the other days I may be working on all kinds of things. The only day that is strongly structured is Monday.

3. At 9PM on any given night, what would you most like to be doing?

I'd better be sound asleep! The only nights I am not asleep at 2100 are Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Otherwise I don't want to be up!

4. What is your most frequent activity online?

Blogging, without a doubt. Facebook is good and there is always an e-mail or ten to be answered but blogging is by and far my favourite.

5. Is there one day of the week that seems to fly by? If yes, why?

Mondays sail right by. I love Mondays, and they go flying by as a result. Mondays are more structured and sometimes that is just what is needed. I like unstructured time, too, but not so much at work.

6. Do you agree that the older you get, the faster time seems to go by?

Oh, gods, yes. Time weighs heavy on a kid's hands. It certainly did on mine. As an adult, time is fleeting and while there is the occasional pocket of downtime, mostly it goes flying right by.

7. What is your favorite thing to do with free time?

I do all different things with my free time. I read, blog, sometimes do work stuff (I like work stuff), do things around the house, etc.

8. How much time do you spend alone? Would you like it to be more? Less?

I spend just enough time to keep myself happy and get the downtime I need. I happen to be a loner to a large degree, so I am very happy to have my alone time. People wonder why I don't want kids - this is one big reason. People with kids seem to think that they can't have alone time. That is just stupid. This is one of the areas that ruin marriages when people cease to have their own lives to give all of it to them. A great parent is one who gives time and committment to their kids, his or her spouse and to one's own self.

If you give up everything for someone else, then the resentment builds. And while coworkers and friends work out their problems to move on, this is not how it works - very often - with marriages and parent/children relationships, where that feeling of being "stuck" is prevalent. It is much, much harder to work out those issues. Very often, by the time the involved parties are really truly cognizant of the problems, it is too late.

9. If you could spend one hour doing something what would it be?

Uh, I don't know. I spend my time as I wish, so I don't have something that I would love to do that I'm not for an hour.

Saturday Six - Snow
Posted by Karen
It’s that time again for this weeks Saturday six and this weeks theme was suggested by Matt Stratton so as the title says this weeks six themed questions are snow.

1. Have you had any snow lately?
Yes, we had snow on 3 February. We got about 4 inches (10cm) of snow. It's getting old. We've probably gotten an aggragate amount of 3 feet all totalled over the winter. We got 12" on 19 December, and have been steadily getting more since. I haven't seen snow on the docket for a while. It's been nice. I hope that this is it, but it is early February, so there is plenty of winter left. It can snow as late as mid-April. This is really weird, to have snow so late, but it happens. It hasn't happened since 1996, so it has been a while.

2. Do you love to play in the snow?

Uh, no. I'm very afraid of falling, so playing in the snow is not heaps of fun for me. I appreciate how beautiful it looks but I don't wish to be outside in it.

3. Is a bit of snow a good excuse for a day off work/school?

No, but not driving on dangerous roads is a great reason to not go in to work. Generally when we are slated for poor road conditions I take work home with me and do things from home. I can access my work computer to do whatever needs to be done and I leave my personal information for the other managers so that they can find me. I hate missing time at work but I hate driving on dangerous roads even more!

4. Do you think people panic when it snows, specially when they are not used to it?

Yes, even if they are used to it, they panick. I have lamented too often of late how everyone runs out and denudes the grocery stores of bread and milk. Those two sections are completely empty. It is staggering. In my entire lifetime, we had one storm - just one! - where we were housebound for two days. The milk and bread will not run out in two days.

Southerners are the best, though. They shut eveything down - no matter what - if ANY snow falls! I always find that funny. They usually have one salt truck for the entire state in the Carolinas. I get that they don't have much snow... but they get ice storms, something that is rare here and that we are ill-equipped to deal with. But ice storms are far worse than snow storms. So I find it ironic that they can handle the ice storms there but are in a tailspin over a 1/2" of snow!

5. Is it Christmas without any snow?

Sure it is. It doesn't snow as much here in December as it does January and February. It just isn't that picture-perfect Christmas without snow.

6. If it was to snow tomorrow and you had 10 inches of snow outside your front door what would you do?

The same thing we have done all winter. Make sure that we have salt and fuel for the snowblower, then go out and Luis snowblows the driveway, sidewalks and walkway and I shovel the snow off of the front steps. We are not blown away by ten inches of snow. It just is too common.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Aislinge, many thanks for posting your informative answers to this weeks Saturday Six.

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...