This Week in Memes in February!

Week Number 155
1) What is the cause that you believe is the most worthy of all?
World peace? Oh, wait, wrong thing... I don't know. Many of them are very worthy, and who am I to say that one is more so over another?

2) How would you change the way you were disciplined as a child?
I wouldn't. My parents never struck me and I didn't grow up to knock over a bank or pick up a drug habit. I also was never told, "If you do this, you will have to leave" or anything like that. My parents also told me that when I was ready to have sex to bring the man home, so that things could not get out of hand, I could just yell for them. I tell you now I had the best parents I could ask for.

3) What is your greatest virtue? Vice?
I am not sure that I have any... certainly not patience... Um, honesty. I may keep to myself what I need to but I never sugarcoat or lie to the employees, the patients, my family and/or friends. I think being up front is a good quality.

Vice... whew. How much time do you have?

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Siobhan preparing to attack my feet.


TMI Tuesday #173

1. What do you think is the un-sexiest part of the body?
Most of it. How's that? Not for nothing, but I am not a thin woman... very little of it looks as it should. And at age 40, very little of it is where it should be!

2. Toilet paper: over, under, or what the hell are you talking about?
Why would I want to consider discussing this...?

3. Have you ever called in sick to stay in bed with a sexual partner?
Uh, NO. Sometimes, as with many things, the waiting is as good as the getting.

4. Did your parents have a "birds & bees" talk with you? If so, at what age?
Goodness, yes. What responsible parent doesn't? My parents had the technical birds and bees conversation when I was maybe four or five, when I asked what they were doing in the bedroom that I wasn't allowed to be in. The more involved conversations about tidbits I'd heard on the schoolyard came later. My parents never had a moment's discomfort discussing things of this nature.

5. What is one thing a someone could do to you to rock your world?
Again, not printable.

Bonus (as in optional): What does sex mean to you?
Well, sex can mean many things and can be many things. It can mean love, it can mean the bond between two who love each other deeply. It can mean fun and laughter. It can mean raw, raunchy power over another. It can be anything you wish it to be.

Wednesday Weirdness #42
Questions by: Another Suburban Mom
1. If you were to be reincarnated as an inanimate object, what would you choose to come back as?
A hat. A crystal. A tea bag? Why agonise over being an inanimate object? It would be the pits no matter what.

2. If you were told that you would be equipped with the perfect comeback to any remark, but it would cost you five years of your life would you take it?
No. Besides, I usually am equipped with those sarcastic, dry, snappy comebacks. It is a natural ability for me.

3. What would be the most shocking thing your mom could have ever told you?
Um, I don't think there was one... oh, no, I take that back. My mother told me a lot about how cheap her mother was. She once told me how her mother would get her tax return forms, fill them out and submit them and then keep the money. Disgusting.

4. If you could spend 24 hours as the opposite gender, what would you do?
I don't know. Watch sports? Play online video games? Sit on the couch watching bad sitcoms with a beer in one hand and scratching my testicles? I don't know.

5. Describe the ugliest outfit you have ever worn in public.
Goodness, why would I want to do that? It's bad enough I wore it. I suspect there are plenty of things I wear that I shouldn't. A fashionista I am not.

6. Do you like to celebrate Valentine's Day or do you wish you could magically pouf it from the calendar? If you did, what holiday would you invent to put in its place?
I don't get the whole Valentine's thing. I've seen women get so stupid over it. I don't see many men get dopey over. I have never once told Luis to send me flowers or required that he take me to dinner. I don't like when women demand shows of love, affection or willingness to spend money on something that will die in a few days. I have sent Luis flowers at work on occasional Valentine's Days and the guys in his office love that. They are envous of Luis anyway. I don't care if he hangs out with them or goes to a nudie bar. In fact, that usually works in my favour...!

3x Thursday:
02/12/y2k+9: TV
1. Do you watch TV? If so, what kinds of things do you watch? If not, why not?
I mostly watch one hour dramas, but I do have the requirement of light moments and funny lines. I love CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Bones, Private Practice, Wife Swap, SuperNanny, CSI: New York, etc. I also enjoy documentaries and good movies.

2. If you watch TV, what are your favorite types of programs? Which ones do you watch? If you don't watch TV, what do you do instead?
I usually read when I don't watch the telly. When I do it is what I listed above.

3. Can you imagine a world without TV? What do you think it would be like? Do you think it would be a better place to be?
Sure, I can. I think in some ways it would better, and in some ways not. It is like anything - set up rules and regs for using it.


Four For Friday
Q1 - Stress: According to data from the American Psychological Association, the declining state of the economy is taking a physical and emotional toll on people nationwide, Last year, more people reported physical and emotional symptoms due to stress than they did in 2007, and nearly half of all adults reported that their stress has increased in the past year. Generally speaking, what would you say are the three most stressful things in life?

Well, normally I would say that money matters is one, job satisfaction is another and relationship issues the third. The things that are happening now are amplified with the issues currently taking place. Money is huge concern as the economy continues to go down the tubes. Relationship worries will suffer an increase as more and more people find themselves without a job. And job satisfaction is tough if you haven't a job. It is an ugly situation out there.

Q2 - Vitamins: The largest study ever of multivitamin use in older women found the pills did nothing to prevent common cancers or heart disease. The eight-year study in 161,808 postmenopausal women echoes recent disappointing vitamin studies involving men. Do you take vitamins on a daily basis?

I do not. I take Vitamin C once in a great while. I tried taking Calcium vitamins once a day but the damn things were huge and when I had the bone density test it was just fine, so I ceased to worry about that. With this, I don't think I will wonder any longer that I need to start taking a multi-vitamin pill.

Q3 - Trade: If you had no choice but to sell your soul to the Devil--for which you would receive any two things in return--what would take in exchange?

I don't think there is anything I want so badly as to sell my soul to get it.

Q4 - Hmm: How do you feel about Valentine's Day?

Ah, read back a bit. But here it is again: I don't get the whole Valentine's thing. I've seen women get so stupid over it. I don't see many men get dopey over. I have never once told Luis to send me flowers or required that he take me to dinner. I don't like when women demand shows of love, affection or willingness to spend money on something that will die in a few days. I have sent Luis flowers at work on occasional Valentine's Days and the guys in his office love that. They are envous of Luis anyway. I don't care if he hangs out with them or goes to a nudie bar. In fact, that usually works in my favour...!

1. Do you have Valentine’s Day plans?
No, we don't. We've been together nineteen years as of 22 March. What need have we of Valentine's Day?

2. Do you buy a Valentine’s Day gift for someone special?
I sometimes send Luis flowers. I send Valentine's cards to my penfriends.

3. What, so far, was the happiest event of your life?
Getting my EMT certification.

4. What is the best job that you ever have had?
The one I have now.

5. What would be your fantasy job?
The one I have now.

6. What would you think would be the worst job?
I think being an accountant would be the worst. Then again, being a salesman might be worse than that.

7. What foreign countries have you visited?
I have been to Canada, Wales, Ireland, Scotland and England.

8. What foreign country would be your fantasy trip?
New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. They all have such beautiful and varied landscapes!

9. Since leaving your home growing up, how many places have you lived?
Let's see... Fairfield, Lake Parsippany and now Parsippany on the Lake Hiawatha border.

Saturday Six (Blazing Minds)
It’s that time again for this weeks Saturday six and this weeks theme was suggested by Kloggers and is a little different from the usually six questions as this weeks it’s one question with six answers. The question is:

If you had been born more than 100 years ago what six things would you of liked to have done?

I'd have to really think about this one...

Saturday Six (Patrick's Place)
I got a late start today, but it was much needed. Have you ever had one of those weeks? This one was it.
In any case, it’s time for another set of questions, so here goes! Enjoy!

1. Do you usually feel as though you get more sleep than you need, less sleep than you need or just enough?
Well, during the work week I ensure that I get enough sleep. Otherwise I get very little.

2. What was the last movie you fell asleep while watching out of sheer boredom?
I remember all too well: the latest James Bond movie... most expensive nap I ever took.

3. Did you try watching a second time to make it all the way through? If so, was it worth the extra screening?
Gods, no. Why do that twice?

4. Does exercise tend to make you feel like you have more energy or less?
More energy, absolutely. Unfortunately, thinking about it makes me exhausted, so I lose interest!

5. Take the quiz: What’s Your Energy Level?
Quiz 1. In the morning, you:
Hit snooze once and then get up
Hit snooze a few times
Get up with your alarm
Sleep in as late as you can get away with
Wake up and get up before your alarm goes off

Quiz 2. How would you describe your sex drive?
A bit low
Non-existent
Average
Well above average
Healthy

Quiz 3. During conversations:
You listen and talk about an equal amount
You're never at a loss for something to say
You are always willing to listen lots
You don't have much to say
You do almost all of the talking
Quiz 4. When it comes to exercise, you:
Are into running, tennis, or something else that's high energy
Don't exercise
Are practically a competitive athlete
Only do yoga or walking
Hit the gym frequently or bike a lot
Quiz 5. Your career is:
Very challenging and rewarding
Boring, to be honest
Just enough work to keep you occupied
Pretty challenging - you like staying busy
Easy - not a challenge at all
Quiz 6. What philosophy are you most likely to espouse?
No guts, no glory
Seize the day
Slow and steady wins the race
Change only brings problems
Live a little

Your Energy Level is High
You are a very enthusiastic, productive person. You have no trouble getting anything done. Beyond having a lot of energy, it's likely that your energy level tends to be quite steady. Unlike people with very high energy, you don't tend to be impulsive. By keeping your energy in check, you are able to use it as productively as possible.

6. What’s the latest in the day that you can drink a caffeinated drink without it affecting your sleep?
I don't drink caffienated beverages, so I've no idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...