More Scams - in a Week!

You do know how these work, right? Some bright bulb realised that asking for an account number up front was idiocy and now there is a different route. They send you a cheque and you send them a check. Their cheque doesn't clear and your does. Congratulations. You just lost money.

And who is thinking that any of these benighted countries can pony up $18,300,000? Or that you entered a British lottery? Or that the pound sterling symbol is a "J"? OR THAT MONEY IS THIS EASY TO GET?! Isn't that your FIRST clue?

Here is this week's sampling:

From Sister Josiane Benson.
Address: No 21 Marcory Zone 4,
Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire West Africa.

Good day,

I know this mail will come as suprise to you but in a brief introduction I am Sister Josiane Benson from Seirra Leone.I am suffering from the cancer of the breast and partial stroke and soon I will go for surgery.I have a donation of US$7.5 million United State Dollars to make for a charitable work of God. Write to me for more explanations,

God bless you
Sister Josiane Benson

******************************************

FROM THE DESK OF MR DIIM OCHAAPH.
BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A.) BILL AND EXCHANGE
DEPARTMENT, OUAGADOUGOU , BURKINA-FASO.
PHONE NUMBER (00226 78 50 72 19).

Dear Partner,

My Name is Mr Diim Ochaaph, the Bill and Exchange (assistant) Manager of the BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A), Ouagadougou Burkina Faso.

In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of USD$18.3M (EIGHTEEN MILLION THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND U.S.A DOLLARS). In an account that belongs to this our foreign customer who died along with his wife and children in the plane crash. Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as the next of kin or relation to the deceased, as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin died alongside with him in the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.

The request of foreigner in this transaction is necessary because our late customer was a foreigner and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner. On the account of your reliability and trust worthiness, I have decided to contact you in order to transfer the said amount into your nominated bank account, its 100% risk free. Upon receipt of the abovementioned I will send to you by fax or E-mail a TEXT OF APPLICATION which you shall re-type and fax to our foreign remittance Department, for easy execution of the transaction.

All necessary documents shall be obtained on your behalf to back-up this claims. Kindly contact me on for security reason and for more explanations and possible means of transferring the fund into your account. If you accept my offer I shall compensate you with 30% of the money, 60% goes to me and my colleague, after which we shall visit your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated, I am assuring you that with my position this money will hit your account before 7 banking working days.

Reply with the assurance, come up with the information's showed below:-

1) YOUR FULL NAME............................
2) YOUR AGE...........................
3) MARITAL STATUS...........................
4) YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER............................
5) YOUR FAX NUMBER............................
6) YOUR COUNTRY...........................
7) YOUR OCCUPATION............................
8) SEX............................
9) YOUR RELIGION...........................
10) YOUR PRIVATE E-MAIL ADDRESS............................

NOTE: THIS TRANSACTION IS STRICLY CONFIDENTIAL.
Thanks for your assistance in advance.
Yours Sincerely,
Mr Diim Ochaaph

(Not sure where the religion fits in...)

**********************************************

Bank OF Africa(BOA)

From: Mr Franklin Adam
Bills & Exchange Manager
Bank OF Africa(BOA)
BURKINA-FASO WEST AFRICA.
TEL+226 78 25 78 34

I am contacting you in regards to a business transfer of a huge sum of money from a deceased account. Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make anyone apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day. We decided to contact you due to the urgency of this transaction.

PROPOSITION;
We discovered an abandoned sum of $15m US dollars (Fifteen Millon United States dollars) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customers who died along with his entire family. Since his death, none of his next-of-kin or relations has come forward to lay claims to this money as the heir. We cannot release the fund from his account unless someone applies for claim as the next-of-kin to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines. Upon this discovery, we now seek your permission to have you stand as a next of kin to the deceased as all documentations will be carefully worked out by us for the funds $15m US dollars (Fifteen Millon United States dollars)to be released in your favour as the beneficiary's next of kin. It may interest you to note that we have secured from the probate an order of madamus to locate any of deceased beneficiaries. Please acknowledge receipt of this message in acceptance of our mutual business endeavour by furnishing me with the following:

1. Your Full Names and Address.
2. Direct Telephone and Fax numbers.

These requirements will enable us file a letter of claim to the appropriate departments for necessary approvals in your favour before the transfer can be made. We shall be compensating you with 40% on final conclusion of this project, while the rest shall be for us. Your share stays with you while the rest shall be for us for investment purposes in your country. If this proposal is acceptable by you, do not take undue advantage of the trust we have bestowed in you, I await your urgent email.

Regards,
Mr Franklin Adam

*****************************************************

Congratulations You Won
Microsoft Award Team
39 Gassons Road LECHLADE
Gloucestershire GL7 3BQ
UNITED KINGDOM

You are Winner of the 25th Edition of the Microsoft Promo Award 2009/2010.
You won {Ј700,000.00} Seven hundred thousand Great Britian Pounds.
with Batch No: 409978E, Ref: MSC990/678,
Fill the form below and send to your agent for processing

Full name:
Contact address:
Sex:
Tel:
Occupation:
Nationality:
Age:

Contact Agent.

Dr.Terry Freeman
drterry.freemanclaimdepartment@live.ie
+4470240636175

*************************************************************

Good day,

My Name is Mr. Tarek Omar. I am writing from Burkina Faso-West Africa. I am a staff of one of the biggest Bank here.

I wish to contact you independently, no one is aware of this information. My reason for contacting you is to wire an abandoned $18,300, 000.00 (Eighteen Million Three Hundred Thousand Dollars) that has remained unclaimed for 13 years in our Branch to your account abroad. The owner of this account died since august, 1997.

Get back to me for detailed information, if you are interested.

Regards,

Mr. Tarek Omar

***************************************************************

Dearest,

I know that this mail may come to you as surprise ,I am Ms monica Edward a 19 year old girl the daugther of Dr Morgan Edward the former director general of Sierra-leone Gold and diamond corporation who was assasinated by the rebels loyal to Foday Sankoh the (R U F)leader i managed to escape my country.

It is my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I intend to establish in your country. Though I have not met with you before but I believe one has to risk confiding in succeed sometimes in life ,there is this huge amount of seven million U.S dollars($7,000,000.00) which my late father kept for me with a Fiduciary Fund Holder in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire in a Metallic Trunk Box before he was assasinated by the Rebels.

Now I have decided to invest these money in your country or anywhere safe enough outside Africa for security and political reasons. i want you to help me claim and retrieve this box from the Fiduciary Fund Holders and transfer it into your personal account in your country for investment purposes on these areas:

1). Telecommunication
2). The Transport Industry
3). Five Star Hotel
4). Real Estate

Now i want to ask you something;

1)Can i trust you?
2)Can you take me as your sister?

If you can be of an assistance to us we will be pleased to offer to you 15% Of the total fund. I await your soonest response.

Respectfully yours,

Ms Monica Edward

************************************************************

DIVINE CHAMBERS
SOLICITORS AND ADVOCATES.

Dear Sir,
Good day, first, I apologize for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail instead of a Certified mail/Post-mail. This is due to the urgency and importance of the information. Secondly, this project is based on Trust, confidentiality and sincerity of purpose in order to have an acceptable meeting of the minds. I am a fifty two (52) years old established lawyer. My name is Mr. James Douglas, a legal personal attorney to an expatriate and a consultant with an American Oil company,PENNZ OIL & GAS (Now deceased) He died in the Tsunami disaster on 26th December 2004 while on vacation in Thailand.

Six years ago, My Client successfully executed a contract worth US$20.3 million dollars. A part payment of USD11.million dollars was paid to my client while he was alife, while the balance of USD9.3 million Dollars was still unpaid before my client died in the Indian Ocean Tsunami disaster. However, all my efforts to locate the possible next of kin proved abortive. Until his sudden demise, He was not married and was 44years old. NOW THE CRUX OF THIS E-LETTER is that the balance of the outstanding funds has already been deposited in his bank. As his personal attorney/Adviser, his bank has officially notified and instructed me to forward particulars of my client's next of kin within the next 14 official working days so that he/she can be paid the outstanding USD9.3 Million dollars otherwise his payment will be diverted to the government coffers account as unclaimed bill.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating any of his relatives, I decided to contact you for a deal so that we can work together as a team to remit the money to your account as my client's next of kin since I do not want to sit and watch my client's hard earned entitlement to be frittered away.

Although I know that a transaction of this magnitude might make anyone apprehensive but I would like to assure you that I am proposing this project to you with the best of intentions. As a lawyer, I have the power to secure all the necessary legal documents that will be used for this claim. All I require from you is your honest co-operation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this transaction will be executed under a Legitimate banking arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law. Upon successful conclusion of this project, you will be compensated with 40% of the total fund, while 50% will be for me and 10% for expenses which we will incur in the process of securing the transfer.

If you are interested to work with me in this deal then kindly reply strictly with your personal Telephone /fax number for effective communication and oral clarification on how to proceed next.

Sincerely yours,
James Douglas esq.
{Principal Partner)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...