People Magazine, May 10 Issue

Sandra Bullock has certainly had her fair share of ink lately. I guess it generally not a good sign when famous people are suddenly plastered all over the magazines and tabloids, as it is rarely to say good things.

To make the aging process more obvious, this kid Justin Bieber was in the Star Tracks section. Every sixteen-year-old in the free world knows who he is and I still have no clue. It took me years to figure out who the Jonas Brothers were and what they did to end up so famous. I still don't get it, but at least I can roll enough for a very brief conversation and admit I know of them.

In the Scoop section, there is something on Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi. This is never where I want the general American public to get their information on New Jersey people. This shining example of stupidity is not the standard and typical New Jersey anything. This is another area where television has gone wrong. A whole state should not predicated on the bad behavious of the lowest forms of life on Jersey Shore. Ever.

Apparently, she is ranking among the tre tacky folks like Lindsay Lohan and someone named Deborah Rose who like to throw drinks at people. I imagine that this prize Snooki would not have done this in her former life as just another nobody but as is usually the case, has been even more lowered by the fame thing.

Under Books, there is a new book out called Awkward Family Photos. I would imagine that this is what 19 of the 20 photo spread you get in Sears look like. Kids who clearly wish for other siblings, grinning with a display of teeth that would make a shark quail, slumping (my personal favourite), bad haircuts and a terrified looking baby - this from three images! I wouldn't buy it but I certainly had a chuckle looking at these.

Under Beautiful Women, there is a small section for the children (now grown) of celebrity people. One featured here is Lily Collins, daughter of Phil Collins. She'd be pretty if she had the eyebrows waxed. I know my eyebrows are caterpillars when they need the waxing - hers make mine look lovely and well-shaped when they are grown in! And what does she say? "My eyebrows are the most distiguishing thing about me. I inherited them from my dad." Not everything you inherit is good. On her dad, those are just eyebrows. On her, they are scary.

There is a page devoted under that same section to Surprise Jersey girls - you will notice that Snooki is not on the list - and these are all well-spoken, classy actresses: Queen Latifah, who is wonderful (she was in Mad Money, which I loved), Meryl Streep, Elisabeth Shue and many others. Two are from (respectively) Wayne (Lisa Edelstein, 43 - we could have been in the same high school class although there are two schools there) and Jane Krakowski, who grew up in Parsippany. If anyone lived in Wallington, they are not owning up to it... Still, impressive!

That was the sum of what I really got out of this week's issue. (obviously there was more fodder in last week's issue.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...