Celebrity Apprentice is Counting Down

Some people are good at this and some aren't. The good ones come in two kinds: completely heartless and brutal, and pleasant and laid back. There seems to be no middle ground.

Most of the time, Option A is the common. Very few pleasant and laid back people make it to the final stages of this show. If the contestant was too pleasant, he or she had his or her guts ripped out. If the contestant was willing to take a bullet for someone else on his or her team, The Donald fired that person immediately. (In the real world, this does not happen. Certainly not if the person is innocent.) Lesson: nice people don't win.

I don't think this is the right lesson to impart.

I get that this has to be for television. I suppose people want to see this. I find it heartless and disgusting and we won't touch legal issues. However, it is a foregone conclusion that the contestants (celebrities or not) signed stacks of paperwork that would allow for this. It did not take a whole lot of thinking to reach that.

Last season or the one before, some sleazy guy who would sell his soul or his family's to win. He was a wretch. The other finalist was Trace Adkins, the sweetest guy in the world. I'd never heard of him until he came onto The Celebrity Apprentice and we thought he was the best. We also hoped he'd win, to show people you need not be evil to do this. No such luck. The evil guy won. How big an impact did he make? I can't for the life of me ever recall his name.

Advertisers think that bad vibes from adverts are just as good as good vibes. I disagree. Adverts that piss me off are numerous and overwhelming in numbers - who can remember all that? I rarely ever recall bad advertising because it is almost all bad. I also skip though adverts with the TiVO and almost never want to see them. One exception: when specific actors or actresses do voice overs. Some advert was on for -- crud. We have a call.

22:35 - that was awful. That... was terribly unpleasant.

Where was I? Oh, yes. Morgan Freeman, with that amazing voice, does an advert for... something. A credit card. I only every have one credit card and rarely use it. But Morgan's voice is magic. Mellifluous, musical, soothing - what a beautiful voice he has! I'm good at recognising voices. Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman, so many actors and actresses do this. Amazing.

(If you look up "commercials" on Wikipedia (the greatest Web site ever), there is a boatload of information about them - what every country does, why adverts are annoying to Americans, alcohol and cigarette adverts, etc.)

That is the only time I'll see an advert. I won't watch the movie trailers; by the time the trailer is done, I've seen the whole movie and don't need to see it in the theater. (I'd have to argue that this is the case most of the time, anyway.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...