Nibble, Nibble, Nibble...

When I'm tired, stressed or thinking deeply, I bite the inside of my lip. Not what you were expecting?

Everyone's got something that relieves... whatever. I'm tired and thinking deeply and a little stressed. That's life. The biting the inside of my lip is, too. I do it when I read and don't know it until I get that metallic taste of blood. Then I bite a different area. I suppose if I have to have some kind of weird stress relief it's better when it isn't visible. Some people bite their nails, some people drink coffee (I couldn't think of some thing else); my mother twiddled and snapped her hair. I have no idea how she did that. She'd tell me not to do it, but I couldn't master it anyway.

What's funny is when I'm really physically worn out (I'm reaching that point now, after getting up at 0550) I rub my eyes. Someone told me not to do that, and I had no idea I was doing it. I don't think about. I'm not sitting there thinking, "It would be good to rub my eyes." It's just something that happens.

My dentist asked me if I bite the inside of my lip. I'd have to imagine it is immediately visible to the dentist. I don't know how long I've been doing that, but at 42 years of age, I'd have to think it is all scar tissue now.

I still stand by my assertion that it's better than nail biting. At least it isn't readily visible. I like to take my accomplishments where I can find them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...