Diamonds vs. Cubit Zirconia

Why?

I try to understand why so many women equate money with love. It is staggering how many women I know that insist on having a diamond ring. I find it mind boggling that anyone feels being in hock for a ring is okay. When Luis asked me what kind of ring I'd like, I told him a heart shaped garnet with cubit zirconias on either side.

The man surpassed my wildest dreams.

Two years later, when we were moving, I was packing and found the receipt. It was between $600 and $700. It is the most beautiful ring in the world and it doesn't need to be insured. I actually own boots more expensive than this. (Yes, I know - that's an outrage. But you should see the boots!) I was delighted to find that, because I always told Luis I don't want to wear anything that is 4 figures. It's ridiculous to own a teeny thing that costs the amount of our mortgage - for the mortgage I get a beautiful house - with rooms and space for my voluminous amount of books, us, two cats and too many candles (no such thing!).

I'll take the house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...