There are Days and There are DAYS

When I awoke at 0600 I knew it would be a nice, easy day. I thought it as I did stuff around the house.

If you ever wake up thinking it will be nice, easy day, stop yourself immediately. Cut off the thought in mid-sentence and think it will be another difficult day. Even better, go back to bed and give up.

The moment you think the former, you have just signed yourself up for something. You don't know what it is, or how it will find you. But you thought the magic words and now something is out there and it will find you. It will track you down to make you eat those words.

Ray and I dug out some old photos which I'd wanted to look at and scan in for sometime and that is how that bombshell for the day found me. There is no avoid those strolls down memory lane once you find old photos and sometimes memory lane is not the best destination. Nevertheless, there I was, helpless to stop some memories that I had never known about before as they came careening down. Like a deer in the headlights of a Mack truck...

That bullseye found me.

Sometimes, however, the ties that bind become the ties that make you closer. We definitely built a stronger relationship from that little trip. That was a three hour odyssey that really brought some interesting things to the light of day that were... well... weird. And this is life - I'm always saying life hands you lessons wrapped in ridiculous packaging because it does. Today was the living, breathing truth of that.

Next time I think this will be a nice, easy day, I will crawl back into the bedroom, pull the shades down and not come out for four days. I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations on how much Fate can find you for the comeuppance on those dangerous thoughts run out then.

I hope...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...