A Fun Family Reunion!

I'm getting this one in just under the wire. I promised one post per day and this is one minute to midnight, so here I am, diligently making my one post per day. It was a busy day. I was up late, past midnight, and then we went out on another lifting assist call at 04h30 hours. We got lucky - Lucy showed up too, so we had help. The cop was there on scene, but it was a weird call - we couldn't get the same story from the patient as from the Russian woman taking care of her, so some dimensia was involved. But we lifted her into bed. She didn't know if she wanted to go to the hospital, but since her mental status was questionable, we let the son make the decision. About ten minutes later we were released from the scene, heading home. Yay!


I got in the house at 05h17, went to bed and read until 06h00, turned off the plektron and slept until 10h40 - something I usually don't like to do, but I was tired - not nearly enough sleep. We hung around the house and I did more organising until 13h00, when we showered, dressed, and headed over to my parents to be in the Kellogg family reunion. My uncle Bob and aunt Barbara were there already (they'd spent the weekend) and then shortly after we came, my aunt Phyllis and her new husband Pat came. We headed down to Willowbrook Mall to pick up my cousins, Dawn and David Fredericks, from the bus stop. Apparently Dawn moved back from California to New York some three or four years ago. David had been in Russia for a while but I guess he also returned to the local area. I hadn't seen Dawn in about three years but David I haven't seen since we were teenagers!


It was really nice - we had a great time and then went out to the Garlic Rose for dinner and that was lovely, too. The food there is just out of this world. We had a great time there and then returned to Wayne to have cake for Ray's upcoming birthday (next Friday, not this one coming) and then Luis and I dropped Dawn and David off at Willowbrook on our way home to catch their bus home. We got in around 22h30.


I have been up straightening up a bit, putting more things away and finishing laundry - I keep odd hours when I don't work. More so when I ride, but this whole week I will be a little off-kilter, because I will stay up past midnight (not a lot past midnight, but at least a little), and I will get up around 08h30 - 09h00, which is really late for me.


Now, it is time to finish up those last few things before calling it a night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...