Time Clocks, Dental Deductions & Pizza

It's been a week from beyond...
Remember I mentioned October storms? Well, even as tranquilised as I was to sleep, the storm that raged through here last night (actually, in the wee hours of this morning) very likely disturbed the dead... the windows rattled, the house shook, the lightning lit up the room even as shuttered as the windows were and the thunder howled and boomed and thrummed through everything. Made ripples in the waterbed, no doubt!

At least I'm off from riding tonight, which is a good thing - I needed a break! This week - yesterday - I did nothing except work on the time clocks being routed to me (one was and one wasn't) and then the ugly truth came out - I needed to enter all those employees from scratch. From scratch. I have never heard of software morphing SO much that you could not transfer the data over. That's only my largest department, thank you very little! So that afternoon at 1400 I began entering in all of those employees into the system. Down in the Grounds department, Janet and Dan had to enter all of them into the hand clock by hand as well. Again, couldn't upload that data until I had it in my computer to download it into their clock. I got to 1800 and after working a 12-hour day, I had to call it quits. I pulled out the last 13 EE files I needed to enter and went home. At 0600 this morning, there I was, entering the last of the missing EEs and polling the clocks. Then I had to put together the spreadsheet of all my employees who elected dental coverage and enter them all into the Ceridian payroll system. It is not too bad to make global changes like that although it is not as user-friendly as one could wish - there is always room for improvement. So that took up a lot of time on a rather tedious job. But, it needed to be done. And one does not want to wait until payroll day (Monday) to go through this onerous task! This coming Monday should be... interesting.

Ans tonight I invited a coworker to dinner for Hawaiian pizza. It was fun, although one of the main reasons I don't form friendships with very many coworkers is due to the fact that they really can't help but ask questions about work that they KNOW they shouldn't ask me. I really like this person and wish to be friends outside of work but obviously this will only work one of two ways: I lay down the law and tell him NO work conversations are to be held in our offtime or I don't invite him over or allow any other relationship than a work one. I think we have enough in common to do this but really, that will be up to him.

So the week seems to be mostly ending well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...