So Far, So Good!

Today was another good day, and no, I did not fall or in any way injure myself - event better. We spent the morning watching our shows that we both like, reading, enjoying each other, and then wandered over to my parents' house around 13h00 to close up the pool. The whole thing was so easy and painless and not at all like all the years past. It went so smoothly! It also helped that Luis and Ma helped with putting the tarp on.
(Can you believe this? I have managed to post something every single day this month so far! That is a miracle. Next weekend should be interesting. Ray's family is coming up to have reunion (yikes!) and so I will see my cousins Dawn and David and my Aunt Phyllis and her husband and my Uncle Bob and his wife. Bob is 19 years older than Ray if you can imagine, so he is 80 or just 81 and Ray will be 62 the end of this month. I will be taking a lot of pictures and writing heaps about this! But this month, like October of last year, will have plenty to write about! But last year I made one - that is it, one - post to the blog. This October I have sworn to put in something every day - it is, after all, my absolute favourite month!)


The weather was gorgeous again and so warm! It was in the mid-20s Celsius or the high 70s Farenheit. It was really amazing. I was sweating quite a bit between the exertion and the blazing sun. It really has been very chilly this week, giving that foreboding feeling that winter is fast approaching, unlike last year, when autumn leaves did not show until November!


We got all that done and Ray and I put the summer furniture away and got the shade thing down. The water was terribly murky and cloudy, so I don't think this will look too attractive when we open the pool in May of next year. But we shall see.


Ray, Luis and I trooped out to Michael's Arts & Crafts place for me to find a suitable glass jar big enough to really load in some jelly beans. We found one with a really unique shape and it will hold about 9 - 10lbs of Jelly Bellies (only the best for my employees!). From there we went to Costco to pick up some Jelly Bellies and the usual paper goods (toilet paper and paper towels) and Luis bought enough chewing gum to last months. After that we came home (my parents' home, I mean, but I have keys and come and go as I like, so it is still home to me as well), unloaded Ray's stuff, went in for about twenty minutes and came home. I have e-mails from Harry to answer and I was so happy - deliriously happy - to read the one that came today. So many answers to so many questions and all of them ones that are helpful and things that I can easily move through and work out and not carry that bit of baggage around. Wow. What a feeling. How can I describe it? Like a weight lifted from my shoulders. A weight I wasn't aware I was loaded down with as much as I was. I knew I had it... I just did not realise how much I had; sounds very cliché, but there it is.



Another joyous day has passed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...