What do You Mean, Corresponding Secretary?!

Wait a minute!

What do you mean, you are nominating me for Corresponding Secretary? That can't be right... Well. That really doesn't mean anything anyway. I still would have to be voted in at next month's meeting, which will be a zoo. Everyone who never shows except to vote will be there. I went through this last year, too. My name went in and a couple of other people were nominated and James Clark was voted in. James is a 21-year-old guy who isn't trying to be popular but is just a really great person.

Which is fine and a little off-putting at the same time. James wasn't too much more keyed up about it than I was, to be sure. If I win this election, I will have to be there every meeting, which is only once a month, but I really don't enjoy these little get-togethers. As with any meeting, there are those who have no lives outside of this and want to drag it on forever. (The last meeting was drawn out due to nominations, but still considerably less painful due to the lack of a married couple's presence... they love the squad and they do a lot of helpful things, but they can draw out these meetings until we are all climbing the walls and screaming to leave.

Well, I suppose I will be updating everyone on Tuesday, 7 November, with the news as to whether or not I will be voted in or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...