Life is Not a Spectator Sport

Very true.

Tomorrow morning I am driving up to New Hampshire to visit my friend Molly and her family, go to the Pumpkin Festival and see more of New England, which I am loving more and more. I really see the beauty in this part of the world.


We will be going to see America's Stonehenge on Friday and stopping at a haunted tavern on the way home. Then we will go see the lit up pumpkins in the square that night and then Saturday is the actual festival. The weather forecast is still quite promising for Saturday, so I'm OK with the rainy Friday and Sunday. Saturday is the one I really want to see be beautiful. It will be a little cold at 12 degrees C, but I can still live with that.


But where, you say, does this fit into the title?


Well, it's living. I love living. I want to live life to its fullest and this is part of it. Life is not a spectator sport. It's a game - and it isn't winning or losing that is important, it is how you play that is the key. When you are 80 years old and looking back, will you smile and see all those things that brought joy? Or will you have permanent lines and look miserable? I want all of my wrinkles to be the ones of someone who smiles all the time and laughs often. I am not a watcher, I'm a doer. This is doing. This is living, and that is the most important thing I can to do - just to be. I don't want to let life get me down. But the only one who can do that... is me! It's my life. How will I live it?


I will live it as though it is my last day on earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...