Autumn is Coming Fast!

Well, the astronomical autumn has been here since 23 September, really. But I mean the actual season. The trees in the park along the walkway are red. And they are not turning into the brilliant red that makes them so wonderful and bright but rather just a brownish red that is too dry and falling off the trees too quickly. It is a little - well, a lot - disappointing. I may be wrong and I hope I am but winter may be coming to the Northeast a little too soon.

On the other hand, it is not yet peak season and so the leaves may surprise me and become incredible beacons of bright colours that will light up the landscape and make it all a wonderland.

In the workplace, I was VERY disappointed at how few people noticed my hair cut! Even Kevin, normally a very observant person, hadn't said anything. Fran was the first to notice and say something. But oddly enough, a lot of people got haircuts over the weekend. Mitch, Kevin and someone else - oh, yes, Chef - got haircuts over the weekend. I guess we were all feeling the need...
Mitch did notice (somehow) that a sign was missing - again - and came back to reclaim it. I had this taken by someone else (no, not an accomplice) to show that I had successfully taken this sign three times, and twice without his staff knowing it! Hey, you kow, you have to have fun at work, too. And I know Kevin would be very amused at this.

I don't know what autumn does to other people. In childhood, I hated September and October as it was back to school, a place I will never feel mostalgic about. Ever. In a million years. As an adult, though, it meant the end of the heat and humidity and a magickal time when the earth's vegetation is dying but in doing so, paints the landscape with many magickal, mystical colours. Entirely worth going through the starkness of winter. I can put up with a lot for a gorgerous, magickal autumn!

It also can bring some amazing storms. Just wait...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...