Yoga, Belly Dancing & Love

The most meaningful word in the language. And also the most meaningless, really. It is funny how that can happen. But I am getting ahead of myself.

I went to Classics Gym, did an intensive hour or more of Yoga, then hopped up to the aerobic room or whatever it is called and prepared to be exhausted with Salsa and Belly Dancing. I had gotten some new exercise clothes over the weekend to really not look so... moosey and it worked wonders. Not that anything can be done with these big flabby arms, but the legs and hips did not look so bad. What looks really bad... is the belly. There is no disguising this shelf-like thing that hangs just above the pubic area. It's pretty awful. That and the Trebilcox arms that I have learned to despise so much are what I really can't stand.

But the class was great, lots of fun and really gave me a workout! I sweated a lot! It is much more intensive than anyone realises.

And then I came home...

...and downloaded an e-mail - two, actually - from my father, Harry. (Don't worry if you are confused. To some degree I am, too. Now I have two fathers and I call them both by name. I don't know when I will reach the point of calling Harry "Daddy" again... or if I ever will. I think, though, as the relationship grows stronger and the kinks and bad memories and good ones, too, are shared, relived and gone through, that I will reach that point. But right now, at this moment in time, it is... strange.)
And in the e-mail he wrote at the end this: "Anyway, October, Indian restaurant across the highway from Crossings? Name a date..

All my best.

I love you. I always have. Should I apologize?"

I burst into tears. This man has not been in my life for many, many years, and the few run ins we had through mail were... acrimonious at best, and he tells me that he loves me and always has. What is not to forgive? But I told him not to apologise - the fact that we are corresponding, being totally open with each other, is all the apology I could ever need or want.

And so that was my Tuesday: yoga, belly dancing and love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...