MySpace.com

I seem to know a lot of people who have spots on MySpace.com. I'm mystified. I know the site is for "networking" but what kind? So far it looks like a meatmarket. I don't doubt that there are some people who are on it because it is cool right now. But it still looks like a hunting ground for a lay. A lot of lays. A great multitude of lays. And yet, it seems every one has a bit of real estate there.

I happen to love my real estate on Blogger. I think it is better, more intellectual. Yes, that makes me sound like an elitist snob. I'm a huge snob about certain things. I'm not an elitist, though. Elite people make me distinctly uncomfortable. I just like to write. MySpace seems to be less about that than just putting up pictures and not really saying anything. I prefer people with something to say.

I have a few blogs that I keep up with:

Cogitatione aliquid percipere - he is in Norway but has not posted in over one year. I miss his posts.

HELLO CHARLES - I can no longer read it, now I get a message: "It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation." Apparently s/he doesn't care for my blogging. I don't remember what comment I left, but apparently the author did not like it. Shrug. This is where communication is a good thing but doesn't happen.

Mary says..... STICK AROUND, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN. This is a lot of fun to read and we have begun e-mailing one another. I see a satisfying friendship in this. She has a unique way of looking at the world.

The Wonderful World of Nothing Worthwhile - This is a lot of fun and totally worthwhile. I enjoy everything he posts. Stuff about work, home, his twins (which just shy of 5 years old must really make for an endless supply of material) and life in general.

Burnett's Urban Etiquette - A writer! I don't mean oh, wow, look; someone with a talent for writing; I mean "this-is-what-he-does-for-a-living" writer. And as if he isn't doing this for a living, he does it for fun as well. I thoroughly enjoy seeing things through his eyes. He's a very perspiscatious person; he sees a lot of interesting things. And he views them in an interesting way, as well. His wife is pregnant. I hope he is able to continue to write on his blog, but I suspect once the Little B comes along, his time will be very limited, at least for a little while.

Cynical_Bastard - not my usual kind of blog, since he is mostly about sports. But he does write about other things, so all is not lost. I look for the non-sports things, and find him amusing.

Other than that, I have not gotten very attached to many other blogs. I found most of these through Mary Says... - she has not been blogging long but she has found other ones that I have found pleasant. I am sure that there are a lot more. It's just a matter of finding them.

For now, I am wondering how to get more people to visit my blog! (And falling asleep...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...