Some interesting questions were sent to me by Mary (Crystal Chick) and I think it is time to answer them:

1. Do you consider yourself smarter than most people? Why/why not?

I don't think it is as easy as that. Do I think I'm smarter than most people... well, when I see the most popular television shows and movies, and how crude and stupid a lot of it is, I have to say that yes, I'm likely to be more intelligent than other people. Or, maybe I just have no sense of humour, as Luis likes to tell me. But there are a great many people that are much, much smarter than I am. And I am not all-around smart. I'm also not strong with common sense things, either. What I know about, I know a lot about. What I don't know about, I really, really don't know about. So I don't think that this is an easily answered question.

If I have to say that I am, the biggest reason why is due to voracious love of reading. I have tons of books and I love to read them. I read new ones and old ones repeatedly. I like to look things up on the Internet. I love to learn. That is, in a nutshell, why.

2. Do you believe that smartness can be judged with an I.Q. score? Why/why not?

I really don't know. I'm not sure that it is a good idea to get tested and know what it is... My parents had someone give me an IQ test when I was a kid. I never did find out the results. I would say it doesn't matter. I'm not unhappy with my ability to learn.

3. Do you think that we as humans have the potential to evolve some more, or is this the end of the line for us? Why/why not?

Oh, goodness. To say that we have evolved as far as we can is to say the race is doomed - and in short time on a cosmic scale. No, I believe that there is always room to grow, to evolve. The real question is will we evolve into some thing good or something more aggressive or stupid or whatever than we already are?

Good questions, though... certainly food for thought.

Thanks, Mary!

Comments

CrystalChick said…
Great answers! Thanks for participating. I have wanted to do these daily meme things for awhile but didn't want to annoy someone with questions they didn't want to answer. So I figured I'd start with you because you'de let me know if you weren't into it or be very honest if you did answer.
Have a nice weekend! Mary

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...