Being a Woman is Not that Unique

I get e-mails all the time about how women are special. You notice that there are never e-mails praising men as special. When you look at pure numbers, men are special. Women comprise 2/3 of the population... not so special. I find it funny and then got an invitation to wear red on Friday, 6 February:

Cindy [Reuther] invited you to "National Wear Red Day " on Friday, February 6 at 12:00am.

Event: National Wear Red Day
"Our Hearts. Our Choice."
What: Rally
Host: Go Red For Women – Official Page
Start Time: Friday, February 6 at 12:00am
End Time: Friday, February 6 at 12:00pm
Where: National Event

So I wrote to someone else:
"Wait a minute. Wasn't that to support the troops? Last year it was blue to support them...Here it looks like I'm supporting being a woman... not for nothing, but let's look at this. I'm celebrating having an XX chromosome configuration... uh, so what? Some ⅔ of the populace has this! I'd rather celebrate being me, as that is much more unique. I should get my DNA chain sequenced and put up a Facebook Group just to see how many people would join it! Whaddya think?"

I'm thinking it would be interesting to see if that would really work. At least it would be more unique. And people can be so predictable. Someone puts something up and others will find it, join it, whatever. It really is rather amazing. And I'm no better - I fall for things, too. But I don't find it admirable or amazing to be a woman. There only two genders and let's be honest - men help to bring out the woman in us as much as we bring out the men in them.

That holds for all of us - I see coworkers bring it out in one another; lovers, spouses, friends, family... we all do it.

So that makes us all special!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...