The Popularity of Candles

I went onto e-bay yesterday at my parents' house to check on a couple of items and then, out of sheer boredom, began looking for other good buys. I'm always on the lookout for older, outdated flavours that I would still buy from the stores if they carried them. Then I found these!

Saying I'm delighted would be an understatement. And I knew - knew - what an amazing deal 3 of these candles at 40 pus shipping was. With just 19.5 hours to go, I figured I'd put a bid in, expecially as no one had put anything in to date.

In five minutes, four more bids showed up - from the same person. One person jumped on this - either s/he had been watching it all along or s/he'd been on and found it just as I had. So that bidder missed the first two on this one - I had opened the bid at $45 - and on the third, the price showed as $46. I was looking at this when Ray asked me questions about bidding and how it works. So I showed him by putting in a bid for $47, which still showed as outbid, then $50. The other bidder showed $51 in no time. I backed off at that point and explained the concept of "sharking" to Ray.

And now it is down to 1 minute, 34 seconds.

........

I won! Happy Birthday to me! I bet that the other bidder wasn't online this morning - for one thing, it was 0841 EST. For another thing, it was a safe calculated guess that if the other bidder was up, s/he might be going to - or at - church. Godless creature that I am, this was not a concern for me. No matter, I lucked out. I won the three candles that retail at $36 each for $54 plus $10 shipping. YAHOO!

Whatever the other's schedule, s/he did not jack up the bid she put in to ensure that I wouldn't get it. And this morning I awoke at 0809, logged in at 0815 and had less than 26 minutes to go. AND I WON!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...