Satruday Six - BLazing Minds

Saturday Six - Blogging
OK, here it is the new Saturday Six and continuing with the new themes for the Saturday Six this weeks theme is blogging. As usual you can either answer the questions here or copy the questions on to your blog with a link back here (and leave a link in the comments).

What blogging platform do you use? eg Wordpress, Blogger etc

I use Blogger - I have been using it since August 2005. I did sign up on LiveJournal, but I am not using it. Two blogs is pointless. And waaaay too much work!

What is your blog about?

It is about whatever I want to talk about. Sometimes it is astronomy. Sometimes I post interesting (to me) articles. Sometimes it is just jun floating around in mind that needs to come out.

When did you start your blog?

As usual, I jumped the gun. I started it in August of 2005, but I don't remember the day. Maybe late, like the 25th. I'd have to look and with over 1,300 posts, it is not an immediate jump.

How did your choose your blogging name? (The name you use to make posts)

It is my e-mail address, which I have had since 1992 or so. "Traislinge is my name with a "tr" in front of it - the short form is "trash". When I was working at Miller Harness Company, I became friends with Melissa who was hired in the Graphics Art department. She and I went out to lunch with Rio another hire there. We decided over a couple of drinks (the one and only time I ever drank during the the work day) that we needed nicknames, so:

Rio: B.O.

Melissa: Smells

Ash: Tr'ash

And when I switched from Juno e-mail to Yahoo! e-mail, I changed from Wiccanese@juno.com to traislinge@yahoo.com. Seventeen years ago...

Do you blog for fun or work?

I blog for myself; sometimes it relates to work, sometimes it relates to my personal life.

Has blogging changed you in anyway?

Sure it has. Everything you do changes you in some way; it is the nature of life. Everything has an equal action and reaction. Blogging is not just a way to let things loose and get the cobwebs out of my head, it forces me to think about things. That can change one. Change is always good - even if it is bad, it is good. When you can't change, that is bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...