Ringing In 2009... By Doing Absolutely Nothing!

That's right. I have been completely non-productive today. I have done nothing. I fed the kitten. That was my one and only contribution to anyone else. I have spent the morning in the living room, firmly ensconced on the couch, pillows built up, the iod implanted on my iTower with all kinds of stuff - JoCo, U2, Sam Cooke, Bill Engvall, George Carlin, Coldplay, etc. playing. The fire is roaring in the fireplace - well, it was a moment ago. I guess it has caught up to whatever temperature Luis had set it. I have had a bit to eat. I have sucked down three or four bottles of water (well... water laced with Crystal Lite... my chemical mix for the day... you have to wonder if this really is okay, especially in the quantities I drink it).

George Carlin is talking about people wasting time when they first get into work. He made the comment that no one ever sees a memo with the time 9:01. True. I produce memos around 0630. Even better! And then the comment about you can get a half hour out of the way if you have a window in your office. I do; but it looks onto the (thankfully) tightly shuttered window of the mens room.

I love windows. I'm happy that I have one; the only thing that would be nice is if it got direct sunlight. It faces northwest, so the only sunlight I see is when the winter sun is in the late afternoon sky and bounces off the mens room window! It is nice when that happens; it splashes bright sunlight across my desk but without that burning glare that direct sunlight has.

But today is mine and I intend to waste all of it. Maybe I will begin putting away the many strings of Christmas lights festooning the windows and tree. The tree has to come down, but since it is Thursday, I may just wait for tomorrow night or Saturday to take it down and drag it outside. Then again, by the time tonight rolls around, I may want to take it down just to have expended some small amount of completely untapped energy!

Luis is doing kind of the same thing. He's glued to his mondo-powerful-dopey-gaming computer, busily doing such mundane tasks as mining and fishing on (in?) Worlds of WarCraft. Scratching your head over that? Yes... me, too. I use my computer for just about everything under the sun - except gaming. What a huge waste that is to me. But I'm surrounded by men who love that. I don't even try to ask about that one...

So. Happy New Year and don't ask me to do anything! :)

Comments

CrystalChick said…
Happy New Year dear Aislinge!!
Oh how I have missed everyone. The computer crashed, we went away, we returned to have to deal with our daughter and family moving out, the holidays, computer shopping, etc. etc. etc.
But I'm back now and can't wait to catch up with you.
Hugs, Mare

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...