First of 2009 Memes

3x Thursday: 01/01/y2k+9:
It's A New Year! Now What?
List 3 goals you have for 2009 and why they are important to you.

Well, I don't make New Year's Resolutions, since they are meaningless and nothing happens with them. I have long-term goals mapped out for myself, but they are all existing ones that really don't focus around the year 2009 specifically but are rather ongoing goals that may not have a definable end.

Four For Friday
2 January 2009
Q1 - Admission: Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, is considering whether to raise its academic admission requirements so that students earning non-honors high school diplomas wouldn't be accepted. Do you think it's okay for public colleges and universities to require such rigid entrance requirements, or, should public colleges and universities consider each applicant on his or her own merits regardless of whether they graduated high school with honors?

Does anyone think that it is okay for a university to do something as openly discriminatory as to DQ those who are non-honour students from entry into their school? I certainly hope not. I agree 100% that students need to be looked at as individuals and taken on their own merits. What a low, rotten thing for Purdue to do.

Q2 - Feelings: What matches your mood right now?

I don't know. I'm in a little bit of a funk.

Q3 - Co-Workers: If you could choose anyone--dead or alive--as a co-worker, who would you like to work with and what position within your company would that person hold?

I'm probably not in the right mind frame for this question. I'll shelve it for later.

Q4 - Ownership: If you are with a small group of people (i.e., in a car or small conference room) and you initiate a silent-but-deadly flatulent emission, do you own up to it or simply ignore it and hope everyone else does the same?

Oh, ignore it and hope for the best. It happens to everyone, so why should anyone have to say anything about it? I find that people think there is a lot of humour in body functions. I never get that myself. It is crass to discuss it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...