West Wing - Posse Comitatus

This is one of the best episodes of an excellent show. It is also one of the most heartbreaking episode of an excellent show. It's also how I found Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley. When I say that music affects emotions and that is how it should be, I meant it. The scene was sad, but they played that song while showing the aftermath of the Secret Service man's death. If it was affecting without music, it was devastating but anything worth watching should evoke strong feeling.

We watching The Shawshank Redemption for the first time on Thursday. It was an amazing - and amazingly great - movie. The violence was difficult for me to watch. I did not watch the beatings administered (clearly in 1947 prisons were wholly run by corrupt and disgusting guards and wardens... although I don't agree with all the perks that prisoners get, there is no excuse for exersizing violence. I must say Clancy Brown did his usual superb job! The man is amazing. I'll never forget the Kurgen; therefore I will never forget Clancy Brown. No matter what you dress him in, he is recognisable.

The whole movie was great and not just a little true. And the reason I watched it was Morgan Freeman. Movies would not be the same without him. The above mentioned movie was one; The Bucket List, Bruce Almighty (the only person and parts worth seeing in that somewhat wretched movie) and The March of the Penguins. Don't knock it. Narration is not easy, and special voices are the only ones who can do this!

I hope Morgan Freeman lives forever; that is unreasonable, so I hope he acts right up until the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...